Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sporting CP’s Ezequiel Schelotto (defender) *signed* on permanent 3yr deal

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another one who liked Schelotto. His heading skills are good, & he'll be an asset when he's settled in the team. I thought Krul was superb but then Ive been a fan of his for many years.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Looked massively off the pace in the first 15 minutes or so, perhaps understandably, but really grew into the game and I agree with your assessment: an impressive debut.

This.

The more so since at least one of the posts made in August refer to him as predominantly a LB.

Also liked his pre-match ritual of 30 seconds (yes, really - that long) meditation. The kid has some flair.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This.

The more so since at least one of the posts made in August refer to him as predominantly a LB.

Also liked his pre-match ritual of 30 seconds (yes, really - that long) meditation. The kid has some flair.

I think once the boy is Premier League ready we will get a full minute of meditation, already a legend in my book. #jesuschristsuperstar

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Didnt do much f good though did it?

I thought he was gash for the first 15 mins, but was reasonably solid thereafter. I'll put it this way: I'm less worried that he might have been a waste of money than I am about Izquierdo. Early days for both, of course, but izquierdo did nothing except show (and this too rarely) that he has speed. He definitely didn't get much of the ball, so that doesn't help!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Looked massively off the pace in the first 15 minutes or so, perhaps understandably, but really grew into the game and I agree with your assessment: an impressive debut.

Totally agree. I thought he wasn't fit or interested for the first 15 and the errors were totting up and then something clicked and he got into the game and "put in 110% Brian". Competitive and skilful.

Krul has made a solid case for first team too.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
In the commentary last night JC was impressed that he ran with the ball whilst tying his hair back at the same time. Flair.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Totally agree. I thought he wasn't fit or interested for the first 15 and the errors were totting up and then something clicked and he got into the game and "put in 110% Brian". Competitive and skilful.

Krul has made a solid case for first team too.
not on Sunday,unfortunately !!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not definitively, but my opinion, of course. Krul made two very fine saves, which I applauded. I am biased because I am a Krul fan.

He had a very good game, but I'm not sure I could ever say that another 'keeper would have saved more or less.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He had a very good game, but I'm not sure I could ever say that another 'keeper would have saved more or less.

Whilst that is fair, I refer the honorable gentleman back to the 08/09 season. When the ghost or John Sullivan played, we were shipping in 3s and 4s per game. When the King returned, we stopped leaking goals. Is it a coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe the guy who came in is a better goalkeeper than the other two were.

For me, based on what we've seen so far, Ryan is perfectly adequate. But Krul has been a top goalkeeper for years, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Tim Krul is the best goalkeeper at the club and he should be playing because of it. The only question marks are around his fitness, but judging from the highlights last night (which were almost exclusively him making saves) - he looks fit and firing to me.

I'm not anti-Ryan, I just think Krul is better.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whilst that is fair, I refer the honorable gentleman back to the 08/09 season. When the ghost or John Sullivan played, we were shipping in 3s and 4s per game. When the King returned, we stopped leaking goals. Is it a coincidence? Maybe. Or maybe the guy who came in is a better goalkeeper than the other two were.

For me, based on what we've seen so far, Ryan is perfectly adequate. But Krul has been a top goalkeeper for years, there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Tim Krul is the best goalkeeper at the club and he should be playing because of it. The only question marks are around his fitness, but judging from the highlights last night (which were almost exclusively him making saves) - he looks fit and firing to me.

I'm not anti-Ryan, I just think Krul is better.

Can't dispute any of that, but I can not ever accept that with Ryan in goal we would have been two down last night. With Ryan in goal we may have taken the game to penalties. Nobody knows.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't dispute any of that, but I can not ever accept that with Ryan in goal we would have been two down last night. With Ryan in goal we may have taken the game to penalties. Nobody knows.

I do. It would have been a 2-1 victory if Ryan was in goal as his distribution would have lead to 2 goals, both scored by Murphy. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here