Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil McNulty league table predictions

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Notice how all these journalists and 'experts' predicting us and Huddersfield to finish in the bottom two never justify it? He hasn't mentioned one negative or area of weakness in his assessments of either of us.

Perhaps it would be more appropriate for them to just admit that they know **** all about either club and are predicting us both to go down because we're not 'big' clubs?

**** 'em, we'll prove them wrong.

Exactly!! It's time for the football to do the talking. Down to Chris and co now :albion2:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Although these predictions aren't worth the paper they're written on - especially with the transfer window still open - I'm genuinely puzzled by so many people tipping us to finish bottom. If they're right, then it's a very serious situation for English football considering the club's formidable strength in the Championship for 2 whole years. There is certainly nothing to suggest Huddersfield should finish above us considering they were playing catch-up last year, but I think they get sucked in by Klopp's mate being in charge (guessing he'll be a genius when he could be a total disaster) and a jaundiced view of the more familiar Chris Hughton.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Bloody so called experts, don't they realise Brighton narrowly lost to Athletico Madrid ?
Useless.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm really not unhappy with that at all. If there is a general opinion that is where we'll finish, then I am more than happy to welcome everyone predicting we'll finish bottom. Let's be honest, he could be right, bring it on proving them wrong though!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Although these predictions aren't worth the paper they're written on - especially with the transfer window still open - I'm genuinely puzzled by so many people tipping us to finish bottom. If they're right, then it's a very serious situation for English football considering the club's formidable strength in the Championship for 2 whole years. There is certainly nothing to suggest Huddersfield should finish above us considering they were playing catch-up last year, but I think they get sucked in by Klopp's mate being in charge (guessing he'll be a genius when he could be a total disaster) and a jaundiced view of the more familiar Chris Hughton.

Last year the PL got rid of a couple of perennial strugglers, and the rest have been growing in strength as they sustain themselves at this level. Albion and Huddersfield have no PL experience between them, coming up with a relative giant in Newcastle. Regardless of our collective spending, you have to start the season imagining Albion and Huddersfield will be fighting it out in those bottom spots. There wasn't a lot between us and Huddersfield last season, they played terrific football at times, they didn't have the grit we showed to clinch results when not playing well. Not a lot to call between us I would say. Both strengthened well so far, but going up into the unknown.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
There wasn't a lot between us and Huddersfield last season, they played terrific football at times, they didn't have the grit we showed to clinch results when not playing well. Not a lot to call between us I would say. Both strengthened well so far, but going up into the unknown.

That grit will stand us in good stead - as it has for 2 seasons. I'd still have us ahead of Huddersfield, without doubt.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's fair enough. I would rather us be the underdog with no great expectations. He also said: "Brighton will be a great place to watch Premier League football this season and all neutrals will wish them well."

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
I have no doubt that relegation will be the key priority this season but these reviews seem very imbalanced.

If you look through out squad there are 4/5 players that all the bottom half teams would bite their hands off to sign - Dunk, Knockaert, Stephens, Duffy, March. It also strikes me that the signings we have made genuinely strengthen us in positions of weakness.

I'm also unsure why Newcastle are tipped by so many to finish so comfortably in mid-table.

Saying this, predictions mean very little. I'm very content with the signings the club have made, its strategy to stay in the Premier League, and I'm confident that if we go down we'll be in a strong position as a club going forwards.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Huddersfield views on similar predictions here, with a little more bigheadedness.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106551/finish-20th-season-previews-thead

I genuinley think Brighton will be 20th! I think most teams can frustrate Knockaert, and he'll thrown his tantrums, and then Glenn Murray upfront isn't going to offer much! And then they are relying on the next man up! Haven't really brought in enough signingsto refresh the squad, and if they play 442 with Hemed and Murray, they're midfield will get overpowered every week!

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/106551/finish-20th-season-previews-thead#ixzz4pFqydSbv

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have no doubt that relegation will be the key priority this season but these reviews seem very imbalanced.

If you look through out squad there are 4/5 players that all the bottom half teams would bite their hands off to sign - Dunk, Knockaert, Stephens, Duffy, March. It also strikes me that the signings we have made genuinely strengthen us in positions of weakness.

I'm also unsure why Newcastle are tipped by so many to finish so comfortably in mid-table.

Saying this, predictions mean very little. I'm very content with the signings the club have made, its strategy to stay in the Premier League, and I'm confident that if we go down we'll be in a strong position as a club going forwards.

listen mate ...that iosfar too a sensible post for this board at this time opf year ....were either winning theleagueor were going down ....stop being a flarsk/////...xx

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Couldn't give a toss about his predictions. I'd be more concerned if he was right about JMD's loan to Lincoln had been made permanent. He's one of our juniors that I'm hoping to see get a chance in our first team before too long.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Notice how all these journalists and 'experts' predicting us and Huddersfield to finish in the bottom two never justify it? He hasn't mentioned one negative or area of weakness in his assessments of either of us.

Perhaps it would be more appropriate for them to just admit that they know **** all about either club and are predicting us both to go down because we're not 'big' clubs?

**** 'em, we'll prove them wrong.
They justify Newcastle doing well because of Rafa.

But Rafa isn't all that as proven by the championship. Lazy journalism.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One of my bugbears with football on TV is the woeful level of punditry as compared with other sports.

There is a laddish culture that flows from the dressing room on retirement and into the studio. There has only been one ex-player with a even half a brain on 25 years of Prem football - Gary Neville. The rest is tabloid media junk. If you want any insight you have to listen to the football journalists like Martin Samuel, Henry Winter, Oliver Holt or Guillem Balague. Listening to the likes of Shearer, Lawrenson, Jamie Redknapp, Michael Owen is soul-destroying - they are sloppy and they wing it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Quite happy with this like being the underdogs lets just enjoy the ride what an achievement it is just getting here and I think we might just surprise a few.

Its clear from the quality and numbers we have for midfielder positions that this is where CH sees us winning or loosing this season.
I see a high tempo midfield which is not sustainable week in week out but the numbers we have will allow CH to rotate these players on a regular basis, back line is pretty set with cover as is the keeper just the one up front that needs support such the likes of Ulloa, Woods or Grey however I would not be surprised if it ends up being a player from abroad someone like Gross, Propper or for that matter Ulloa someone which in all honesty most of us has never heard of

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Why the outrage by so many? Most pundits always pick the newly-promoted for relegation. We've had being written off THREE times.

Even if teams like Burnley and Brighton stay up, they'll still be tipped to go down next year if the likes of Villa, Leeds and Wolves get promoted (three BIG clubs like Newcastle).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here