Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil McNulty league table predictions

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Wait, so, the team that's only just just managed to beat us to the league title (because we ****ed up) is also the team who hasn't made significant signings, but will finish 11th because Rafa....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry, but who is he?
Is there any more significance to it than any of us saying we'll be top half?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Doesn't really matter what the so called experts think. They are all Likley to have us or Huddersfield bottom. Nature of the beast, they don't really know anything about our squad, this plum thinks we won the championship and Davy propper is a striker. We know what our squad is about and I hope both us and Huddersfield defy the so called expert opinions

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To be honest, he's just rating what he sees on paper - even if badly researched by him. I think most would say we will be relegated. I like the low expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
James Richardson's new podcast slated the Albion.

"Newcastle were head and shoulders above the rest of the division" (Championship)
"Huddersfield will be the surprise package next season"
"Newcastle should finish 9th"

All but 1 tipped the Albion for comfortable relegation.
We have no chance on Saturday and will get "battered".

The Football Ramble didn't mention us other than Luke going to the Madrid game and liking Gross.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This is going to be the story of the next few days - plenty of pundits who only ever take notice of five or six clubs giving their ill-informed opinions about the other 14 Premier League teams.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is going to be the story of the next few days - plenty of pundits who only ever take notice of five or six clubs giving their ill-informed opinions about the other 14 Premier League teams.

Exactly. That is why these pundits just automatically put promoted teams in their predictions to go straight back down, unless it's a "bigger" club like Newcastle that they will know a bit about from previous Premier League campaigns, in which case they will move them into mid-table.

Worthless nonsense.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brighton will be a great place to watch Premier League football this season and all neutrals will wish them well.

Does he write Paul Merson's autocue?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Doesn't really matter what the so called experts think. They are all Likley to have us or Huddersfield bottom. Nature of the beast, they don't really know anything about our squad, this plum thinks we won the championship and Davy propper is a striker. We know what our squad is about and I hope both us and Huddersfield defy the so called expert opinions

This.

The obvious thing to say is that the two new promoted clubs, who haven't any PL experience and who aren't owned by someone pumping in £100m's on players, will drop down. Newcastle get a pass because they kept most of their PL players and are perceived as big. Then add a Burnley, Watford or Swansea to make up the three, and hey presto.

Similarly, pundits top pick Man C, Man U and Chelsea to take the top three in no particular order. They would never admit it, but the bottom line is that their prediction for the top end is based on money and players bought.

Bournemouth, Watford, Swansea and Palace would have all been favourites for relegation in their promotion summers. Everyone got that wrong!

McNulty is just lazily following the obvious odds.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In 2015/16 PM predicted , in the season that Leicester were er, Champions, that they would er, be relegated and finish 19th.
He called the appointment of Ranieri "at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33751507

To be fair he was not alone.
Tough old game this predicting your top 20. Hardly any pundit comes up trumps so not worth fretting about.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
And if you stick your neck out then you're going to upset which ever team is on the wrong end of a bold prediction. Someone on the league table thread tipped relegation for Southampton and was met with how can you say that etc. So what if a pundit tips us for relegation. The link was worth a share but you have to question his lack of knowledge on the teams coming up from the championship though.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
So poorly written. I would rather read a 16 year old's blog. Well, I wouldn't, but it would provide just about the same level of insight.

"Brighton will be a great place to watch Premier League football this season"; what does this mean. Sitting in a pub on the seafront watching Arsenal vs Chelsea with a pint in your hand?

If he was a player at the Albion I think the consensus would be "get rid".

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Notice how all these journalists and 'experts' predicting us and Huddersfield to finish in the bottom two never justify it? He hasn't mentioned one negative or area of weakness in his assessments of either of us.

Perhaps it would be more appropriate for them to just admit that they know **** all about either club and are predicting us both to go down because we're not 'big' clubs?

**** 'em, we'll prove them wrong.

UTT

Jun 27, 2017

Could'nt agree more.

We're just lumping all these bullshit, brain dead predictions into one thread.

I know we had a little singsong in "honour"of Holloway at the end of last season and I'm pretty sure we'll be sticking a few of the plethora of identical predictions on our dressing room wall as a motivator!

Good luck for the season boys & girls! Stick it up 'em

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Riddled with inaccuracy it's true - but surely if you're going to predict that a team will finish bottom at least give some reasons why that will happen. "Nice place to watch football, made some signings, Knockeart is a good player blah blah", he actually only writes positives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here