Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy me on holiday...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There really are some miserable sods on here.

The next thread should be 'Things that annoy you when your 1st child has just been born' or 'annoying things people do when helping you'

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Restaurants/bars that serve shite food masquerading as exotic and cheap, watered-down beer and cocktails that have entertainment on, usually a very poor tribute artist such as "Parvinder IS Robbie Williams" and on comes a four stone Bangladeshi with a lisp who murders "Angellths" whilst middle-aged northern women reeking of Regal King Size and HRT patches hold up a lighter in their nicotine-stained fingers before ordering another round of pina-coladas and outside there's an ex-pat woman the colour of a conker squeezed into a dress three sizes too small who asks everyone "yalright love, 'ave you 'ad yer tea" and who tries to persuade you that the recently released rapist in the kitchen has got a michelin star for being able to microwave lasagna which, when it eventually turns up, is still frozen in the middle and when you finally decide you've had enough and "Robbie" launches into "She'th the vun" you give the waiter a fifty Euro note and watch him disappear, with your change, on a moped, never to be seen again.
That.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As an aside on this thread so apologies. I've never been on an all inclusive because :

- You have to get up at 07.00 for a Sunbed.
- It's full of Russians
- The food is tasteless crap
- The walls are thin and the tossers next door make loads of noise.

Are any of the sweeping generalisations true or am I talking shite?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
My wife. 20kg allowance of which 15kg are clothes she will never wear. When on holiday, she'll buy more clothes she'll never wear and stuff them in my suitcase cos mine only contains 5kg of stuff I'm going to wear. The people she talks to have all got manc accents, the sun cream is sticky and every insect sticks to it so gets spread all over my bare, white skin. Her insistence of laying prostrate on a plastic sunbed so far from the bar, as to give my poor feet blisters and insisting I rub said black speckled sun cream onto her blistering body. The inability of also said manc tourists to learn even basic pleasantries to greet and thank the hotel staff really grinds and I find a little common courtesy goes a long way to ensuring a trouble free stay.....and help with the overweight suitcase my wife has at checkout.
The luckiness of being 'picked' for a free gift by some northern monkey on some mediterranean island if I go and watch a 20 minute presentation
It has already been mentioned, but continental breakfasts. Ham salad is lunch or dinner muchos gracias.
I have more, but I wouldn't want to spoil foreign holidays for anyone as it is all tongue in cheek:)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There really are some miserable sods on here.

The next thread should be 'Things that annoy you when your 1st child has just been born' or 'annoying things people do when helping you'

I'll start. When your wife starts planning the foreign holiday and expects everybody to help carry the pram and pampers....???

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Restaurants/bars that serve shite food masquerading as exotic and cheap, watered-down beer and cocktails that have entertainment on, usually a very poor tribute artist such as "Parvinder IS Robbie Williams" and on comes a four stone Bangladeshi with a lisp who murders "Angellths" whilst middle-aged northern women reeking of Regal King Size and HRT patches hold up a lighter in their nicotine-stained fingers before ordering another round of pina-coladas and outside there's an ex-pat woman the colour of a conker squeezed into a dress three sizes too small who asks everyone "yalright love, 'ave you 'ad yer tea" and who tries to persuade you that the recently released rapist in the kitchen has got a michelin star for being able to microwave lasagna which, when it eventually turns up, is still frozen in the middle and when you finally decide you've had enough and "Robbie" launches into "She'th the vun" you give the waiter a fifty Euro note and watch him disappear, with your change, on a moped, never to be seen again.
That.

Someone called Parvinder is very unlikely to be Bangladeshi.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Scousers of which there are numerous here:

Polite reminder YOU ARE NOT ****ING FUNNY

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What sort of shit holidays do you lot go on? I'm all inclusive all the way but apart from the rude Russians I recognise none of these gripes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As an aside on this thread so apologies. I've never been on an all inclusive because :

- It's full of Russians

We did it once (though supposedly at a top end place) to see what the fuss was about and that about sums it up.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Airports. The older and grumpier I get, when holidays don't have to start and finish at one, they are much improved.

At least people seem to have stopped clapping when the plane lands now...never understood that.

Loads of clapping upon landing on our last flight in July again not sure why

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Parents with out of control children.

I've never understood why anyone would take a baby/toddler on a flight, I look at some parents who have gone down this foolish evolution after a flight and they look like they need rehab, all before holiday.

Can't they wait for four years ( child can feed itself on plane)before they waist their hard earned cash in what will be a shit holiday for them!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

- It's full of Russians

True of some, choose your destination.........one we've just been to had no Russians, loads of sunbeds (no problem getting them any time of day) and very good food. Suites were new and no noise from next door [emoji106][emoji106]

el punal

Stuck in hotel waiting for tropical storm Franklin to abate, I'm getting quite grumpy due to old age.

- tattoos
- people eating in the restaurants whilst wearing baseball caps
- anyone smoking near me
- Americans talking s***e very loudly
- grown men (all Brits) wearing football kits
- failure to have signed a striker before now

You should have gone to Butlins at Bognor . . . . . oh, you did? :ohmy:

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
That.

Have you ever thought of holidaying somewhere different?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've never understood why anyone would take a baby/toddler on a flight, I look at some parents who have gone down this foolish evolution after a flight and they look like they need rehab, all before holiday.

Can't they wait for four years ( child can feed itself on plane)before they waist their hard earned cash in what will be a shit holiday for them!

To be fair it's not that hard, a couple of hours is fine. Can't understand people who go long haul with toddlers though, what's the point? The kid won't know any difference about the destination and the resulting jet lagged toddler is going to ruin not only your holiday, but your first few days back home as well.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Big groups of ramblers.
Typhoons from Indian Ocean creating rainfall and snow, outside the monsoon, in the Himalayas.
Earthquakes.
Getting altitude sickness.
Temperature above 16 degrees.
No Russian chavs to moan about.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
To be fair it's not that hard, a couple of hours is fine. Can't understand people who go long haul with toddlers though, what's the point? The kid won't know any difference about the destination and the resulting jet lagged toddler is going to ruin not only your holiday, but your first few days back home as well.

My wife is ex Virgin cabin crew and she could never understand the sheer numbers of people on the Orlando flight clearly heading to Disney World with toddlers, what a waist of money! The rows she witnessed between parents over who's turn it was for the kid on the lap and tour of duty round the plane.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here