Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy me on holiday...

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The Chinese.

Was in the Canadian Rockies last Autumn, and there were coachloads of them everywhere I went. Coach disgorges them at a spot e.g. Moraine Lake. Its then chaos, hundreds of the noisy, rude sh**s. Constantly preening themselves in front of their selfie sticks, and no respect for other tourists. Then back on their coach for the next spot. Kept bumping into the same groups as I made my way up the Icefields Parkway. I'd held the door open for a couple of people at one place and then went to go the through the door myself, when this middle age one decided he was gonna push through and follow them through the door at speed. I just dropped a shoulder and walked through him. Not sure he really knew where he was as he was picking himself off the floor. I didn't even look back or acknowledge his misfortune.

This.

They are totally obsessed with selfies to the point where they have no idea what they taking a photo of as long as they are in it. It's a bit like being at a concert and spending all your time filming on a phone.

There is zero appreciation of what is actually there - just as long as there is a perception you have seen it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This.

They are totally obsessed with selfies to the point where they have no idea what they taking a photo of as long as they are in it. It's a bit like being at a concert and spending all your time filming on a phone.

There is zero appreciation of what is actually there - just as long as there is a perception you have seen it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This inherant in the laguage of travellers (from any country). I have Done "England" and I have done "xxxxxxx". Language at its most basic to describes ones experiences of a place. I find it very odd that people seem to want to 'tick' places off their list so they can say they have been there.

I guess it is the bucket list generation who want to say they have done stuff but miss out on the finer points of actually doing them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tourists that claim they've been everywhere but have only ever stayed in mass market destinations and stayed in Hilton's

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
My wife is probably the nicest person in history, but she does not understand how much I detest selfies. Selfy takers are no better than seal clubbers or Auschwitz guards to my mind but...anyway...

Back to Russians...why is it there are only Russians working in London hotels these days?

Cool thread.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
This inherant in the laguage of travellers (from any country). I have Done "England" and I have done "xxxxxxx". Language at its most basic to describes ones experiences of a place. I find it very odd that people seem to want to 'tick' places off their list so they can say they have been there.

I guess it is the bucket list generation who want to say they have done stuff but miss out on the finer points of actually doing them.

"Stamp tourists" I call them - i.e. they only go somewhere to collect the passport stamp to prove they've been there.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
My wife is probably the nicest person in history, but she does not understand how much I detest selfies. Selfy takers are no better than seal clubbers or Auschwitz guards to my mind but...anyway...

Back to Russians...why is it there are only Russians working in London hotels these days?

Cool thread.

Every time I see someone with a selfie stick I am struck with an almost irresistable urge to do something like this:

[yt]NqpNQ9AJYgU[/yt]

And more literally, whenever some young "traveller" in a hostel pulls out a guitar.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
To be fair that is how the British have been viewed for the last 30 years...

Only by the French, but that's the last thousand years.

I've never had a problem with Brits or most other nations. Most people are considerate (enough) of others and there'll be a few dickheads among any culture (except Australians)...but Russians, jeez.

Almost as bad as Kiwis.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
As said above, no issue. But you have to accept you'll be around kids in many situations, and that children (and their parents) deserve not to be barred from too many places.

True. However, if i have the opportunity to have a holiday child free. I'll take it.

P.S Marshy if you are reading this, I love your boys :)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
students telling you how they've seen the world when infact they've done the follow the dots stuff they all do

going to a quiet little village in France and finding it's full of embarrassing, loud, rich middle class Brits who can't understand/speak French

oh and jellyfish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here