Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As an aside on this thread so apologies. I've never been on an all inclusive because :

- You have to get up at 07.00 for a Sunbed.
    - It's full of Russians
    - The food is tasteless crap
    - The walls are thin and the tossers next door make loads of noise.

Are any of the sweeping generalisations true or am I talking shite?
    No
    depends where you go
    No
    No
    In this great future you can't forget your past

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      People in all inclusives/buffets loading their plates so high they can barely balance everything as they totter back to the table. Then leave half of it uneaten anyway before starting again on another plate
      Brits shouting at locals in English when they clearly don't speak it as a first language, thinking the additional volume will help
      Russian holidaymakers at beach resorts - loud, rude, arrogant and pissed virtually all the time
      This! I thought some Brits abroad were a loud, pissed-up badly-behaved national embarrassment, but they're angels compared to the Ruskies.

I was on holiday in Goa last year, and the Russians were awful; fat (the women look like Pat Butcher from Eastenders a few years ago), loud, acted like they owned the place, and treated the locals and staff like sh*t.

Post-Communist wealth and freedom has gone to their heads, and now they have no sense of self-restraint or respect for others.
      Last edited by Peteinblack; 09-08-2017 at 11:38.
      Quote Originally Posted by big nuts View Post
      True you get the odd dickhead public school boy having one too many shandies but I'd rather put up with a pissed up Tim Nice But Dim then some rancid racist council estate scum bag who fingers his sister for a laugh.

0 Not allowed!
      Brits (usually Northerners for some reason) who strike up a friendship with a couple of other Brits, and then spend 2 hours standing having a conversation (usually about the food) - in the middle of the swimming pool.

F***-off and sit in the cafe/bar/restaurant/on your sun-loungers and natter with your new friends, so everyone can, er, swim. Thick selfish anti-social ****s
      True you get the odd dickhead public school boy having one too many shandies but I'd rather put up with a pissed up Tim Nice But Dim then some rancid racist council estate scum bag who fingers his sister for a laugh.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ATFC Seagull View Post
      Everyone was a child once, including you. Children make noise, get sick, get restless etc. I'm not commenting on the above as it doesn't sound like the parents were particularly helpful or polite, but I can't get along with this idea that people have some sort of human right to be away from children at all times should they choose.
      Why not? What's wrong with not wanting to be around children if you so desire? I don't have any children and have never wanted to have any. I've enjoyed a few holidays with girlfriends to Sandals etc where there are no kids. It's bloody fantastic.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
      To be fair it's not that hard, a couple of hours is fine. Can't understand people who go long haul with toddlers though, what's the point? The kid won't know any difference about the destination and the resulting jet lagged toddler is going to ruin not only your holiday, but your first few days back home as well.
      ...everyone else's too!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Russian holidaymakers at beach resorts - loud, rude, arrogant and pissed virtually all the time
      The only difference between most Russian holidaymakers and most British holidaymakers is Russians don't queue
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod Marsh View Post
      Why not? What's wrong with not wanting to be around children if you so desire? I don't have any children and have never wanted to have any. I've enjoyed a few holidays with girlfriends to Sandals etc where there are no kids. It's bloody fantastic.
      Same. People assume because you are not delighted and spellbound when kids are around assume you don't like kids. I do like kids, they can be great. I like sharks. I don't have any of them either.
      Nearly.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
      Kids in Airport Lounges allowed to roam free, fingering all of the sandwiches then leaving half eaten muffins, rolls and bags of crisps all over the place simply because they were free.
      Puts me right off of my G&T it does.
      The Virgin Clubhouse aside, you're arriving too early for your flight if you use lounges.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      The Virgin Clubhouse aside, you're arriving too early for your flight if you use lounges.
      Nah, BA First lounge at T5 is awesome. Also, can't avoid an early arrival as you need to allow for M25 horrors. Trip for me has been anything from 40 mins to over 3 hours.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Spiros View Post
      Bad behaviour from children is not inevitable, it's preventable. When ours were little if we took them into a pub or restaurant we always made sure we had something with us which would keep them quietly busy - a few bits of paper and some colouring pencils always do the trick, or a book to read. We're talking aged 6 and 2 here. Yet plenty of times saw other parents who thought that it was their kids' right to run around like they were in a playground amongst mainly adults trying to enjoy a quiet pint or lunch. No wonder people want adults only

Don't get me started in why people take under 3's on sunshine holidays either. Kids that young don't need a tan and as a rule they hate flying. We took ours to Devon or South Wales instead - only a few hours in the car and it's much easier to keep them happy/quiet. As the parent you get a better holiday too.
      Totally agree with first part.

Second part- we took our 1 and 3 year olds to Mallorca in June. They absolutely loved it. No issues on the flight and had the best time ever being able to just play in the pool all day in the sunshine.

90% of the time the main issue with kids on holiday isn't the kids- it's the parents. Bad parenting ruins other people's holidays.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."