Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton's Striker Problem

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, NSC is very tetchy today.

Have to confess that i had no idea that our budget was 20 million for a striker, I'm quite excited now

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
some right pricks on this thread imo - would have liked at least a chance to read it before the OP was shouted down.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Tried to find it and couldnt last night. Intrigued by the suggestion that our striker budget is 20 million

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Instead of being dicks to a young lad who's obviously very enthusiastic about the Albion, you guys could try giving some encouragement and possibly some constructive feedback to help him improve.

I'm sorry to see that the extremely hostile reaction has resulted in this guy shutting down his blog.

TheGuidetoBHAFC

Aug 8, 2017
3 - Why the long name, why not buy the .com, for example: imabellend.com not imabellend.wordpress.com?

1 - I don't know... maybe because my blog was called TheGuidetoBHAFC...
2 - I'm a young person trying to start out on a budget of £0.

Thanks for your concern though, and I'm glad you spent the time out of your day sending a constructive message to me... NOT . Hope it made you feel really fulfilled.

Seriously to everyone else now, thankyou to everyone that read my blog post or anyone that wanted to. To everyone that couldn't, I didn't take it down because of any of the idiotic replies on this thread. It was down to other things.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Instead of being dicks to a young lad who's obviously very enthusiastic about the Albion, you guys could try giving some encouragement and possibly some constructive feedback to help him improve.

I'm sorry to see that the extremely hostile reaction has resulted in this guy shutting down his blog.
Yep, I think we got on a roll. [emoji22]

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
NSC can be a brilliant site at times, where members band together to achieve some great things. At other times it seems to be full of sanctimonious cliques of people sneering and belittling others. This is sadly the latter.

Add the thread cops to the list of the worst people on NSC

TheGuidetoBHAFC

Aug 8, 2017
1 - You have permission to promote this?
2 - Why is it not as a link?
3 - Why the long name, why not buy the .com, for example: imabellend.com not imabellend.wordpress.com?
4 - I'm surprised no one else has noticed we need a striker, it really is an insightful observation.
5 - I'm going to bed.

:rolleyes:

Nice to see someone ( in fact many people ) have spent a small part of their day posting a childish response to my thread. Hope I was worth your time and glad you all lead such exciting lives!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
some right pricks on this thread imo - would have liked at least a chance to read it before the OP was shouted down.
Me too.

This thread has left a bit of a nasty taste. All very unnecessary and not made me particularly proud of being a member of NSC.

Oh good grief.

Their opening post is on here is very poor. If that's the standard of their blog, they really need to improve it before it's ready for the masses. And if a bit of criticism for a poorly written post is too upsetting, then maybe they're not ready to be doing a blog yet.

Presumably they're quite young, and yes it's great that they're enthusiastic and having a go, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to publish work that isn't ready yet. Better to tell them straight now and get things fixed before the blog reaches a wider audience. There's no point in pretending everything is wonderful if it isn't, you'd just set them up for a fall later.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Oh good grief.

Their opening post is on here is very poor. If that's the standard of their blog, they really need to improve it before it's ready for the masses. And if a bit of criticism for a poorly written post is too upsetting, then maybe they're not ready to be doing a blog yet.

Presumably they're quite young, and yes it's great that they're enthusiastic and having a go, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to publish work that isn't ready yet. Better to tell them straight now and get things fixed before the blog reaches a wider audience. There's no point in pretending everything is wonderful if it isn't, you'd just set them up for a fall later.

really? if any of my three young lads had written that i'd be happy and encouraging.

there's plenty of poorly written junk on here and there's (probably) a rather crestfallen youngster now. personally, i'd rather see a little encouragement (unless HB&B has opened another account, which is of course quite possible)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't take any notice of the elite NSCers

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Oh good grief.

That argument may hold up if there was something remotely constructive about any of the comebacks.

But it was just a bunch of unpleasant smartarse comments by people who should know better.

TheGuidetoBHAFC

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks for everyones concern ( or not so ). My post on here was written badly, I admit, but that isn't my normal standard. I wrote it very quickly and didn't proof read it. As for me deleting the blog, it wasn't down to any posts on this thread; instead other things.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
NSC can be a brilliant site at times, where members band together to achieve some great things. At other times it seems to be full of sanctimonious cliques of people sneering and belittling others. This is sadly the latter.
Oh yes... sanctimonious is as accurate as you want as a description of some of those self appointed arbiters of all things NSC... I revel in their pomposity... but a young or new poster here will feel very targeted I am sure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here