Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andre Gray

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He seems a right bell end so no, no thanks.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Two words, one name, Chris Wood. Played regularly alongside Glenn in his time here under Gus, and l think would do again on the odd occasion Chris Hughton decides to play two big strikers up front, Far more mobile then Glen so l think the combo could work. Besides which if Glenn gets injured or suspended who would replace him then? Tomer Hemed is a competent Championship striker, but not convinced he is Premier League standard.

The big question is l suppose, what would it take to prize him away from Leeds?

An opening bid of £15m and a settlement around £17m + bonuses

Jan 10, 2014
You won an outstanding 10 games at home last season drawing 3. What was your system for these games and did your system change at your away games where your record was poor?

4-4-2

With Vokes or Barnes dropping deep to help the midfield when we didn't have the ball (and that was a lot).

The two wide men not really being wide men but playing quite narrow to combat the oppositions saturated midfield.

It was all about territory, yardage and pressing, with a little bit of absolutely outstanding football and counter attacking.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
4-4-2

With Vokes or Barnes dropping deep to help the midfield when we didn't have the ball (and that was a lot).

The two wide men not really being wide men but playing quite narrow to combat the oppositions saturated midfield.

It was all about territory, yardage and pressing, with a little bit of absolutely outstanding football and counter attacking.

Sounds similar to how we'll be set up with Gross dropping in when we defend.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
4-4-2

Michael Keane will be a big miss for you guys, have you brought in a replacement for him yet?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
An opening bid of £15m and a settlement around £17m + bonuses

I would for Chris Wood. I know many think has no Premier League Pedigree but I am afraid with today's inflated prices this is what we have to aim for for our budget, that is if 15m was our top budget. I think he would get you 20 goals in a season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
4-4-2

That's very interesting, thanks for the info. Assuming this 4-4-2 was used home and away, it's odd that home advantage had such a huge impact on your results?

Are you hoping for more than 39 goals this season? Survival might depend on it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another Leon knight in the offering, no ta.

Unusually I disagree with you. He has shown a massive amount of contrition about his past comments and behaviour, as far as I am aware. No new evidence as far as I know to contradict this trajectory.

I shall read on to see whether I am right or not (bearing in mind that I continued to harbour a soft spot for Joy Barton up until his betting kerfuffle).

:wrong::mad::shootself:lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What we want is an elegant yet powerful forward with an eye for goal, who is capable of playing anywhere along the front line; although he has been deployed as a second striker, he has also been used in a central role as a main striker, and is a competent and efficient finisher with both feet. A tenacious and energetic player, he is known for his work-rate and defensive contribution off the ball, and often drops into midfield in order to help his team win back possession. He is also known for his speed and intelligent attacking movement, which enables him to create space and provide depth for his team. Regarded as a promising young player, he also possesses good technical skills, as well as flair and finesse on the ball, and is capable of linking-up with his teammates and bringing other forwards into play.

PS; not my script.

Jan 10, 2014
That's very interesting, thanks for the info. Assuming this 4-4-2 was used home and away, it's odd that home advantage had such a huge impact on your results?

Are you hoping for more than 39 goals this season? Survival might depend on it?

A lot of Premier League players don't like coming to Turf Moor (they've said as much) because the crowd is on top of you and it's not an all bells and whistles type Premier League ground. That's our advantage before a ball is kicked.

I'm hoping for more goals but we're unlikely to beat anyone at this level 3/4-0.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here