Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Evening With Booker & McGhee

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have one spare ticket for this in case anyone needs one.....?
Meet me there or in the Evening Star at 6.30
PM me

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolute hoot as predicted. Some stories I had already heard, many more I had not. An evening that was both funny and insightful in equal measure. Happy memories of a simpler time in football. Bob and Mark were excellent value and I am very much looking forward to reading Bob's book.

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
This was a seriously good evening!!!

I am happy to arrange signed books if people want to buy them.

[tweet]905781847090593792[/tweet]

Ouch bad one to miss given my McGhee idolatry but thanks to the Roar guys for recording it for posterior like

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yeah, we saw that.

We were negotiating with them and the publishers to do that before the club did, but they nipped in. I can only assume this means that Booker's book will now be available from the club bookshop.

Most likely, or in other words, does a bear sh!t in the woods :lolol:

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
Yeah, we saw that.

We were negotiating with them and the publishers to do that before the club did, but they nipped in. I can only assume this means that Booker's book will now be available from the club bookshop.

Following the success of the Bob Booker/Mark McGhee show at Komedia I was talking with Albion Roar about repeating the dose with Bob and Micky and really wanted to work with them again.

However the club also approached Micky who wanted Bob to come and join him and in the end it resulted in the event on the 17th November.

As far as the books are concerned, the club shop has indeed made a special one-off order of Bob's biography for the night so it will be available then.

The wonderful City Books in Hove is the "Official" Brighton stockist of the book and Bob and I are really grateful to Paul and Inge for all their help, professionalism and support of the book and it remains on sale there too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Part 2 of the Evening With Booker & McGhee is up as a podcast.

You can hear about Bob's time as a trainee upholsterer, and Mark's apprenticeship in an architect's office. There's more outrageous stories from the puerile (Bob's fart machine) to hero-worship (their collective love of The Who) through to the friendship between Booker and Joe Elliott of Def Leppard.

Listen to how Peter Taylor's first training session with the Albion went, and Mark's attitudes to modern day agents, wages and professionalism. And their ongoing appreciation of Adam Virgo.

Plus there's Freddie. You may need to wait for the TV show for fully appreciate it though...

https://audioboom.com/posts/6499150...ber-2017-an-evening-with-booker-mcghee-part-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here