Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Evening With Booker & McGhee

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
A rare treat for all Albion fans.

On Wednesday 6th September at Komedia in Brighton, former manager Mark McGhee teams up for the first time in years with former assistant Bob Booker for an evening of tales from the dressing room, dugout and manager’s office. The famous double-act guided the Albion to promotion in 2004, with many hilarious stories along the way. Bob also has a new book out, his biography ‘Ooh, Aah - The Bob Booker Story’ by Greville Waterman, and is on sale on the night.

Ady & Al from The Albion Roar are hosts for what promises to be a highly entertaining evening.

The show is being recorded in two one-hour segments - one for broadcast on The Albion Roar at a later date, and one for podcast at a later date.

Tickets are £10 (£9 conc.) from the Komedia Box Office from 9th August. The show starts at 8pm, with doors open at 7pm.

Roar Poster Live BBMM A5.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is it a benefit gig for the two blind chaps pictured at the top of the poster?

If so, all in a good cause :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Should be fun, I was a big McGhee fan. I accept that I was in the minority at the end of the day...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Should be fun, I was a big McGhee fan. I accept that I was in the minority at the end of the day...
I'm with you. Some of the shit written about McGhee was utterly embarrassing. He did a lot for our club off the pitch..

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I wonder if Booker will bring his CLIPBOARD ?
And LEAN against a wall all night.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will Bob do his really witty Freddie Mercury impression?

Greville Waterman

Aug 3, 2016
Totally delighted that Albion Roar are putting this evening on and Bob and Mark are both really up for it.

The book should be in City Books any day now - it might even have arrived already - and Bob will be signing them on the evening.

Really hope we will see a lot of you there.it will be great fun!

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Must be getting late - I read that as "An Evening With Booker T. & the M.G.'s"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here