Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad numbers 2017/18 season

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When was the last time our No.1 actually wore the no.1 shirt? I seem to remember Caspar, PIG and Stockdale all wearing numbers other than 1. Was it Brezovan back in League 1?

Casper wore #16, PIG wore #29, Stockdale number 13. Brezovan wore number 1, as did King Michel before him after McGhee stripped him of it and gave it to Henderson. For shame.

Semi serious question – has the No 25 shirt been retired after Zamora left, or was that just a rumour/gesture suggested by someone? Only Kaz didn't take it back last season and hasn't for this season – although I suspect he probably won't be here anyway, despite having a squad number.

No, Vegard Forren was number 25 last season but we never saw him. Number 25 will hang heavy on whoever wears it for us now!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
#teamkaz

Great to see him in the 25 (at present). He is unique and a great joker for CH to play as a sub although I admit he is about 5th choice for the left wing starting position at present.

The problem with the joker card is it's utterly useless in most card games... I fear the analogy may be proven correct on account of Kaz probably not being all that useful at this level.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Frankly, 37 is a frickin' ridiculous shirt number.

Would love a return to times when the starting line-up simply wore 1 to 11, subs started at 12 and there were no names on shirts.

Showing your age, you will be talking about black football boots next

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Club News
FIRST TEAM SQUAD NUMBERS CONFIRMED

Brighton & Hove Albion have confirmed their first-team squad numbers for the 2017/18 season, with new goalkeeper Mathew Ryan taking the number one jersey previously worn by Niki Maenpaa.

The Finnish shot-stopper has now been allocated the number 12 shirt.

Meanwhile, new signings Pascal Gross, Davy Propper, Markus Suttner and Izzy Brown will wear numbers 13, 24, 29 and 37 respectively.

The full list is as follows:

1 Mathew Ryan
2 Bruno
3 Gaetan Bong
4 Uwe Huenemeier
5 Lewis Dunk
6 Dale Stephens
7 Beram Kayal
8 Jiri Skalak
9 Sam Baldock
10 Tomer Hemed
11 Anthony Knockaert