Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz and Ince

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yep. They are both still handy players who could do a job for penty of sides. I can see takers approaching us before the window closes. We'll also be keen to free up at least one more spot on the 25 man squad too.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It will all depend on if we have 25 other names ahead of them and if any sensible offers come in

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Kaz, Ince, Towell, Normann and Mateju. Possibly Kerr.

The issue will be getting them a place at the right level

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wonder if QPR will come back in for Lua Lua, IMHO both could do a good turn at Portsmouth or at the worst Crawley but both above Crawley I would think as they looked poor against us sadly lacking organisation or method.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kaz, Ince, Towell, Normann and Mateju

Pretty sure that loan spells have been declared the stated aims for all five :thumbsup:

The first three are not quite what we need, but far too good to sit and rot. There will be plenty of takers for all of those.

Normann, they feel needs to experience English football, and we are very well stocked in central midfield, so surely he'll go out. Finding a good club for him may not be easy though, at a good level, as he's a complete unknown.

Mateju, we'll see. They do want him to get experience here, but we are not as well covered at right back as we are in CM, and he's young enough not to count in the 25. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up going out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With Kaz and Ince it almost seems like they had bit parts in the friendlies to protect/rest the main players. With both deemed not good enough for a championship promotion team I cannot see how they could come close to a premier league 25.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Got to get shot of Skalak too.
You're likely getting ahead of schedule there.

Those on the NSC hated list - Skalak, Hemed, Bong, perhaps Murphy - are more than likely to get until 25 man squad reconfiguration time in January to take their chance in the PL.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Skalak is only good at set pieces...now we have gross, suttner and propper who are all better and more complete packages.

Skalak will probably go...even if he doesn't I would be very surprised to see him in the 25 man squad.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If Rohan Ince ever plays for Brighton again then something has gone wrong

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and I wish him all the best, but, come on.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I'd say skalak will go if some interesting winger comes available.

However I think I'm right in saying if we bring in a right back, third choice gk and a forward that's our 25?

Ryan
Maenpaa
Suttner
Bong
Rosenoir
Bruno
Uwe
Goldson
Duffy
Dunk
Proper
Stephens
Sidwell
Kayal
March
Murphy
Skalak
Knockaert
Gross
Hemed
Baldock
Murray

(The young right back and brown don't count towards 25?)

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Skalak is will be the last name on the 25 man squad list, unless we go for an upgrade. The others mentioned will be loaned out.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Where did it all go wrong for Rohan Ince?

Looked like he was going to be a superstar when he first made the team.

He was a revelation under Oscar. Played that holding midfielder role really well and, had we persisted with playing in that style, it's possible he would have continued to be a mainstay in the team. Unfortunately for him Chris doesn't play with a single holding midfielder sitting in front of the back four and, for whatever reason, Ince hasn't been able to adapt. Shame because at one point I thought he was the bees knees.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think it's almost certain Ince and LuaLua will be sold and Towell will go out on loan.

With Skalak it will be a similar situation to Norwood, if Skalak goes out on loan it's because there's a signing soon to happen to replace him.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Skalak is only good at set pieces...now we have gross, suttner and propper who are all better and more complete packages.

And all play in an entirely different position to Skalak :ffsparr:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm convinced both Ince and LuaLua are faced with the choice of being average Championship players, or dropping down to league 1 and being good players at the top teams.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here