Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will we sign a new striker before man city game

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How refreshing, a striker thread, but I'll play on this one...

...It's not happening as quick as today.
Although if there is a player in the pipeline (which there better be more than 1) I guess the club would love to get the deal over the line before the forum.
If for no other reason than it'll save an amount of identical questions similar to the amount of identical threads.

Last edited:

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Adamola Lookman on a loan would be a good option and u21 so wouldn't have to be named so still room for another striker. With Baldrick injured maybe worth a punt!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Unlikely and that's Ok. Don't want to panic and rush someone in when realistically the city game can be written off.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Nelson Oliviera from Norwich for me.

Class player could easily step up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How refreshing, a striker thread, but I'll play on this one...

...It's not happening as quick as today.
Although if there is a player in the pipeline (which there better be more than 1) I guess the club would love to get the deal over the line before the forum.
If for no other reason than it'll save an amount of identical questions similar to the amount of identical threads.

Its probably the most important reason for signing one.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, but we will before the window closes. TB seemed pretty set on that yesterday.

Will most likely be one that hasn't been mentioned on here, from Europe........or possibly someone like Zahore which would be a bit of a gamble.....

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Here is Bloom quote re: striker from Argus piece

c8234c3ed494f830df46ae9c9019c280.png

Via: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15459166.amp/

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Maybe the plan is to fill the side with attacking midfielders and be less reliant on strikers.

Which is a genius insurance policy. I have been critical of how the club struggles to complete transfers, but the actual business they've done so far is immense.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Maybe the plan is to fill the side with attacking midfielders and be less reliant on strikers.

This.

The stronger and more dangerous our MF become, the less reliant we are on searching for some kind of 'holy grail' striker. I do hope we get a good striker, but i'm not as concerned as I was a couple of weeks ago.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

Exactly my thought (or suspicion?), and as a strategy it's not as daft as it may seem. The arrival of Dutch Davy adds weight to this theory, and a midfield as strong as ours now is might well be able to hold the fort till our new frontman turns up two or three weeks from now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here