Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weddings during the Football season

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I missed the Doncaster game for someone I haven't seen since!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Allopurinol + diclofenac is your friend. You can also use https://www.goutcare.co.uk/gout-meter-kits.html to keep an eye on your Uric acid (& glucose) levels, which gives you about 3-4 days advance notice of an impending attack, allowing you to up the dose of diclofenac before the attack arrives. Get the dosage up soon enough and the attack never arrives. Been a god send.

Already take 1 300mg Alloplurinol daily, had been fine with just the odd twinge for 5 months. Then bang, last Friday it came on like a train crash and hasn't subsided one bit, if anything it's getting worse.

Got doctors this morning, going to demand Industrial strength painkillers, Narproxen, Colchocine and anything else they have.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I am missing along with 5 others Saturdays game due to a stag do. The groom is a season ticket holder too! Piss poor planning from the best man!

That is really poor form from the best man. Id sack him if i was the groom.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was at a wedding in Wales when we played Hereford. I was only about 30 miles away but I couldn't really get out of it - I was best man.

You could have told your mate the groom that you had been porking his missus for years because she said he was shite in bed.

Priorities, priorities and all that.:thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I missed the opener at The Amex because my daughter got married, 6th August 2011.

In what seems to be a cruel twist of fate, I'm more than likely going to miss Saturday as my foot has blown up with gout again meaning I cannot walk.

If someone can drive you to the University of Sussex sports centre there is a minibus for those less mobile laid on by the club that drops off by the lift at the top of the car park behind the south stand. Phone supporter services today and swap your seat for a disabled one and you're all set! Broke my ankle last season and the club were GREAT at accommodating changes for me.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
2006, my daughter's wedding in Leeds. I missed our game at Huddersfield a few miles away where Jake Robinson scored a hat-trick for us to win 3-0.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I got invited to a wedding on 6th Aug 2011, I went to the Doncaster game and then the evening reception.

I've been asked to be the best man at a wedding on 3rd March 2018, I'm praying that the Arsenal game gets moved so I don't have to miss it

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Morning Gritt!, this thing you don't want to talk about so I won't, do you have a ticket spare then? I do feel your pain but just think of the sheer delight you are giving to another at letting them see The ALBIONS FIRST PREMIER LEAGUE GAME AGAINST MANCHESTER CITY!.......oops sorry I forgot I wasnt supposed to mention it! Ps enjoy the Vol au vonts! X UTA

The ticket(s) that were in my hand for this one are no longer thus. I have to try and move on. It is only a game of football, as my recently hired therapist is trying to make me believe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You could have told your mate the groom that you had been porking his missus for years because she said he was shite in bed.

Priorities, priorities and all that.:thumbsup:

:lolol::lolol:

You'd be amazed at how close to the mark that actually was ....

But I couldn't really get out of it

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Already take 1 300mg Alloplurinol daily, had been fine with just the odd twinge for 5 months. Then bang, last Friday it came on like a train crash and hasn't subsided one bit, if anything it's getting worse.

Got doctors this morning, going to demand Industrial strength painkillers, Narproxen, Colchocine and anything else they have.

1300mg of allopurinol? Blimey charlie. If you're still getting attacks at that dosage, there's no point getting the blood tested I linked - your uric acid levels must be permanently through the roof and you don't need a blood tester to tell you that!

You have my sympathies.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
err you can't leave it there. :drama:

Ok then. It was quite an unusual wedding in that I was best man to the bride (she figured that if the groom had a best man, then she'd have one too). And we had a history: we were together for four years before we split up. It remained amicable; in fact, I was having a drink with her before she went on her first date with her husband to be.

Over the years, our two families knew each other well: I was with her when her father died and she was with me when my father did and while we'd stopped shagging, we were still very close. So, if she was going to pick a best man, it was going to be me.

By chance, the woman I was going out with at the time of the wedding was actually in Hereford, as that's where she came from, and had gone back home while I was gallivanting around Wales.

So, you were pretty accurate with what you said but it wasn't an excuse to get out of it. :lolol:

1300mg of allopurinol? Blimey charlie. If you're still getting attacks at that dosage, there's no point getting the blood tested I linked - your uric acid levels must be permanently through the roof and you don't need a blood tester to tell you that!

You have my sympathies.

Was supposed to say 1 x 300mg tablet daily.

As far as I'm aware Alluprinol only goes up to 900mg.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I got married on the day we beat Barnsley 5-1. Weird (but nice) moment as my wife was being walked down the aisle just after 3pm and he said to me "Barnes has scored".

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My work colleague is getting married in a couple of weeks time, I think the weekend of Leicester.
Luckily my Mrs doesn't like her so we won't be going.
I'm due to get married next year but nobody will be invited. Nobody enjoys weddings except old bints who love a nice new hat a weep.
Off to Vegas for us, get married by Elvis (not Manu) and one of us will be dressed as Wonder Woman, not decided who yet though.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Girlfriends daughter getting married on the 19th (Liecester away) but as I don't have a ticket it's not all bad. 4 O'clock ceremony so might catch some of the first half on Player.

Tell the bride to turn up traditionally late [45 mins + stoppage time] therefore you can catch the whole match on player :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here