Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal legend Tony Adams strikes £200m deal to buy Crystal Palace (says Daily Star)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Adams and former IMG and Chelsea executive Paul Smith have been looking to put together investors to take over a club, having previously held talks with Aston Villa and Sunderland.

Now it looks like they have been successful at the Selhurst Park club, who are managed by Dutchman Frank de Boer.

It is believed Adams has secured the backing of European investors for the proposed takeover.

Adams has previously been linked with Chinese businessman Jiang Lizhang, the owner of Link International Sports.

etc

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...-consortium-Crystal-Palace-News-Frank-de-Boer

Let's hope he takes over as manager...

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Always quite liked Adams, his book is a good read. That said he's crap at anything football related so yes, let him ruin them!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are the americans cheesed off already then ?

Couldn't blame them, to be fair.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some Americans recently bought a large stake in the club, right?

Presumably this story is largely nonsense?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I have a certain amount of respect for Tony Adams. But, as has already been said, other than playing the game he seems pretty useless at football related things. I'm in!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I really wouldn't believe this about any other team. Fingers crossed it happens!

Those amazing 4 owners who EACH were richer, more passionate and bigger fans of their club than TB have passed the club off already to yanks right? So that went well.

Weren't they going to have a new stadium too rather than a supermarket...... maybe Adams is the man to take them to the next level.

Also wonder if the 'European' thing is a nice work around for people he's worked with before or at least connected. There is generally a way around most things like that by having a small %, just like paying a small % of your debts to St. Johns, charities and local small businesses. We all know which club are the experts having done that on more than one occasion and thus topping the league of financial wizardry.......... though I kind of want to slip an expletive between financial and wizardry.

Match made in heaven.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have a look at Twitter and search 'Tony Adams'. It's funny.

:lolol:

Either [MENTION=2655]TONY[/MENTION]Adams6_ is a sick, unfunny parody of a man with addiction issues or the bloke is serious about Palace and runs his Twitter account like his warm ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here