Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a WORLD of difference between coming to an independent pragmatic agreement with creditors to pay a % of what was owed
    ​Is it worth mentioning that Palace's creditors also came to an independent pragmatic legal agreement and voted overwhelmingly in favour of the company voluntary arrangement (CVA)? ;)
    Never accused of trolling by Gary Crittenden.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by gripper stebson View Post
      Judging by your early posts - yes!
      Are those the ones I made before you joined NSC?

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Putdown View Post
      No. I was able to pay my mortgage and do everything I wanted without the need for a generous benefactor helping me out financially every year. So yes I lived within my means.
      If you'd have reneged on your mortgage the way your grubby little football club reneged on its debts and obligations, then you'd have been out on the street.

Luckily for CPFC2010, all the debts it welshed on were unsecured, so everything simply got written off and they could start again. It worked so well the first time, they did the trick again. Happy days ! What a great way to preserve a place in the top 2 divisions.

You have to applaud it really. Maybe if BHA had been a bit more streetwise and possessed the morals of a sewer rat, then we could've gone the same route - especially when we were homeless, or playing at an athletics track for 12 years. Instead we plodded on in the lower leagues, paying our bills.

That's made it one HELL of a long journey, whilst your bunch of spivs have lorded it over us thanks to your financial chicanery. But by christ its been worth it, because its been achieved without thieving a brass cent from anyone. We can look back with pride. You can only look back with shame (except you won't, because that would take a modicum of class and humility, something that's never been associated with your vile little club).
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Warning SCAM

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

1 Not allowed!
      ​Is it worth mentioning that Palace's creditors also came to an independent pragmatic legal agreement and voted overwhelmingly in favour of the company voluntary arrangement (CVA)? ;)
      The reality is, its a choice of a CVA - or a winding up order that leads to nothing. Not much of a choice really, is it.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Raver View Post
      Wishful thinking. We have survived for 4 years now in the Prem, we may not have the infrastructure in terms of stadium but the money we have banked is massive in comparison to yourselves.
      Are you a shareholder?

0 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=Mr Putdown;8057006]None of which was paid for by living 'within your means' though, was it?

Which was the only point I was questioning.[/QUOTE]All of it was paid by living within our means, or more precisely within the means of our chairman.

The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....

0 Not allowed!
      If I had a billion quid or so to spare, I'd chuck as much as I damn well liked into Brighton & Hove Albion, and I wouldn't feel in the slightest bit ashamed about that, as I'm a lifelong fan who'd be in it only for the love of the club.

Yes, the club would be mighty fortunate to receive that sort of income, but I fail to see what's morally wrong about it, as per the whining Palace fans on here who seem to think it's "unfair".

We were one of only a few clubs in the Championship who actually bothered to adhere to the FFP rules in recent seasons, whether you agree those rules are questionable or not.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      If I had a billion quid or so to spare, I'd chuck as much as I damn well liked into Brighton & Hove Albion, and I wouldn't feel in the slightest bit ashamed about that, as I'm a lifelong fan who'd be in it only for the love of the club.
      Me too, but what would I do with the other £999,999,999,999?
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      None of which was paid for by living 'within your means' though, was it?

Which was the only point I was questioning.
      All of it was paid by living within our means, or more precisely within the means of our chairman.

That's my point, as a club your revenues from football over the last few years have been literally millions of pounds less than your annual income. The fact that you have a brilliant owner whose happy to cover those massive losses, is great. But to suggest that you've lived within your means as a business is laughable, as you freely admit, it's only been possible due to the wealth of your owner.

I'm not envious or jealous and posters suggesting that are completely missing the point. I'm actually pleased that once again we will actually be playing each other on the pitch. That's what having rivals is all about. I actually don't give a stuff that our ground is well past its sell by date, it's perfectly adequate for the couple of hours every other week or so I'm actually there. I can't see the point of my seat being padded as I never actually sit on it during a game, although shorter queues for a HT beer or piss would have a certain attraction, admittedly.

But it does get under my skin when I see posts claiming that you have reached the Premier League through living within your means.