Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-Match Drinks Saturday - and where game can be seen if you don't have a ticket.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You should be ok. I usually get on at the Vogue Gyratory (which is even further towards the Amex), and whilst some go past fully loaded I've never had a problem yet getting on a bus eventually. And they are very frequent..

EDIT: I do like to get to the ground early though, about 45-60 mins before kickoff. Not sure what it's like if you usually like to rock up at the last moment.

Honestly Brovian, dust off the old Raleigh Banana. Five minutes downhill from Fiveways to the gyratory, flat ride along the Lewes Road cycle path, you'd barely break a sweat by the time you got there.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Honestly Brovian, dust off the old Raleigh Banana. Five minutes downhill from Fiveways to the gyratory, flat ride along the Lewes Road cycle path, you'd barely break a sweat by the time you got there.
It's going UP the hill I can't do! :lolol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Genuine question, is there any chance at all of getting on the buses by the time they get to Elm Grove? Seems unlikely?

The nearer you get to St Peters the more chance you have, dependent on your numbers. If they are full, just walk along to Mithras House and jump on a park n ride.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From looking at the state of the front of the building, (I've never actually been in), it looks like far more thin than thick.

As the nation continues to desert the Tory party this will soon change.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will £1 day members be allowed to take the jackpot out of the fruit machine? That used to be considered a clear breach of club etiquette in the olden days :moo:

Jan 30, 2008
hi - hope bozza doesn't mine me posting this.

If you fancy a cheap pint or two before the game on saturday, why not pop along to:

Brighton trades labour club.
15/16 lewes road
brighton
bn2 3hp

the club, which will be open to non-members on saturday, will be open from 12.00 midday.

There's a good selection of beer from £3.00 a pint. There's a £1.00 'signing-in ' fee on saturday, making you a member for the day.

Directly outside there is a bus stop, from where the 23, 25, 29 and 29 all run on a regular basis to the amex.

Finally, for those who haven't got a ticket, the albion match will be shown, and from 4pm until the first goal is scored (by either side) beer will be £2.00 a pint.

Cheers.:drink:
it's the way forward these days :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
regards
DR

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Are nice, non plastic, non trouble making City fans allowed in? I know a couple coming down on the coach & it seems all the boozers near the ground are home fans only now (except maybe Dick's Bar?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
yes i used to be a member, i was taken by some older work mates one christmas and joined not long after.
Not sure if the elm grove branch is still there, i had my 21st birthday bash in the function room.

I laughed at that post though, as i'm surprised the club hasn't been mentioned on here before for pre match drinks.
Great idea tbf.
a bit like the choo choo :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After a swiftly in the Albert a trip to the craft beer establishment in upper north for s nice pint of goblin shandy , see you there you cardy wearing Worthing toffs .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Are nice, non plastic, non trouble making City fans allowed in? I know a couple coming down on the coach & it seems all the boozers near the ground are home fans only now (except maybe Dick's Bar?)

Where are all these boozers near the ground you speak of?
1) The Swan
End of list :)

el punal

I'll check on the real ales and get back to you.

I've put this note up as a favour. Like many clubs and pubs the Labour Club in Lewes road could do with more business, and the game Saturday is an opportunity for them to hopefully get a few people in.

Cheap beer and a direct bus to The Amex, what's not to like?

Are Tory voters allowed in? Also, will I be allowed in? Best wishes, N.Farage.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Yep, no problem.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Will £1 day members be allowed to take the jackpot out of the fruit machine? That used to be considered a clear breach of club etiquette in the olden days :moo:

Surely if they let you play the fruit machine, you should be allowed to take any winnings out?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here