Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will finish higher in the league this season? Brighton or Palace?

Who will finish higher in the league this season? Brighton or Palace?

• Brighton

Votes: 81 45.5%
  • Palace

Votes: 97 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
If we had a Benteke-quality striker then I would say us but we don't, so I will reluctantly say Palace. Marginally.

I don't think that's true at all.

In goal, Ryan edges Hennessey in my opinion but then look at the rest of your squad and ours. Fosu-Mensah, who will be signing in the next few day, is easily the best full back out of the 2 squads, Reidewald is the best central defender, Cabaye the best central midfielder, Knockaert is decent but Zaha is easily the best winger and then obviously Benteke the best striker out of Hemed, Baldock, Murray and Wickham.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

In goal, Ryan edges Hennessey in my opinion but then look at the rest of your squad and ours. Fosu-Mensah, who will be signing in the next few day, is easily the best full back out of the 2 squads, Reidewald is the best central defender, Cabaye the best central midfielder, Knockaert is decent but Zaha is easily the best winger and then obviously Benteke the best striker out of Hemed, Baldock, Murray and Wickham.

Riedewald? How many times have you seen him play? I can't even agree with you on Ryan being better than Hennessey because I've seen next to nothing of him.

Cabaye was utter shit last season to the point your own fans were booing him and Fosu-Mensah has only made a handful of senior appearances. Zaha did very well in patches last season but it was literally the first productive season he has ever had.

Agree on Benteke though.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Riedewald? How many times have you seen him play? I can't even agree with you on Ryan being better than Hennessey because I've seen next to nothing of him.

Cabaye was utter shit last season to the point your own fans were booing him and Fosu-Mensah has only made a handful of senior appearances. Zaha did very well in patches last season but it was literally the first productive season he has ever had.

Agree on Benteke though.

Reidewald has played for a big side in Ajax 92 times and is capped at Dutch level, are you honestly suggesting Dunk or Duffy are better??

Cabaye was quality most of last season so not sure what you're on about??

Fosu-Mensah is highly regarded at MU and Mourinho rates him as a huge prospect, that's good enough for me.

Zaha is one of the best players outside the top 6 teams.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Reidewald has played for a big side in Ajax 92 times and is capped at Dutch level, are you honestly suggesting Dunk or Duffy are better??

Fosu-Mensah is highly regarded at MU and Mourinho rates him as a huge prospect, that's good enough for me.

Only because he's played at a high level in another country, it doesn't mean he'll necessarily cut it in the PL - you won't know til he plays.

Cabaye, I seem to remember a number of your fans rounding on him for being lazy/not committed/insert negative here. On his day I'm sure he can be one of the better midfielders in the league (I rated him at Newcastle) but how many times last season was he 'on his day'?

F-M is a good signing, if he adapts to playing regularly and doesn't suffer from any loss of confidence he could be a shrewd acquisition.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

I'm suggesting that I've only seen him play a couple of times on TV and it's probably the same for you, so to make any kind of judgment is stupid. Didn't even mention Dunk or Duffy. I'd be a bit pessimistic about a 5"11 CB personally.

Cabaye, I'm 'on about' this: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...lmesdale-End-Crystal-Palace-lose-Swansea.html

A player being 'highly-regarded' or being 'rated by Mourinho' means **** all. How many times have you seen him play? Do you just judge players by Fifa ratings and transfer fees?

Keep the Zaha hyperbole going all you like, if he was that good someone would've splashed out on him or perhaps United wouldn't have cut their losses on him.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Only because he's played at a high level in another country, it doesn't mean he'll necessarily cut it in the PL - you won't know til he plays.

Cabaye, I seem to remember a number of your fans rounding on him for being lazy/not committed/insert negative here. On his day I'm sure he can be one of the better midfielders in the league (I rated him at Newcastle) but how many times last season was he 'on his day'?

F-M is a good signing, if he adapts to playing regularly and doesn't suffer from any loss of confidence he could be a shrewd acquisition.

Fair point about Reidewald but I'm going on who he has played for, the number of games he's played and the many articles I have read up on him, he has a 92% pass success rate for example which is very good.

Cabaye honestly was very good last year most of the time, you only have to look on the BBS, most people have been very worried he might be leaving.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

all these amazing players of yours proved under all managers you've had they cant play as a team.

Be interesting to see what this dutch bloke does especially as hes trying to change the philosophy .

Suspect you will be above us but by no means is that certain and you can hear the unrest amongst Palace fans now the season comes close and their rivals are there on their tail. Hopping about they are and its great.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
all these amazing players of yours proved under all managers you've had they cant play as a team.

Be interesting to see what this dutch bloke does especially as hes trying to change the philosophy .

Suspect you will be above us but by no means is that certain and you can hear the unrest amongst Palace fans now the season comes close and their rivals are there on their tail. Hopping about they are and its great.

Sorry, did I dream the wins vs Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal?

Don't think Palace fans fear Brighton. We can't wait for November if I'm honest.

I think you will stay up though but could easily be wrong, it will be close.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Keep the Zaha hyperbole going all you like, if he was that good someone would've splashed out on him or perhaps United wouldn't have cut their losses on him.

Honest question...who is the best player in your opinion out of Zaha, March, Townsend and Knockaert?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sorry, did I dream the wins vs Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal?

Don't think Palace fans fear Brighton. We can't wait for November if I'm honest.

I think you will stay up though but could easily be wrong, it will be close.

so selective. You've been stinking the prem out with your football and doing your best to finally exit it. Not sure which manager will save you this time , however you mention those results so lets also for balance mention the few that were within a few games of all these .... scum 0 sunderland 4 , saints 3 scum 1 , scum 2 Leicester 2 (at the time a shocker ) , scum 0 burnley 2

You see its ok to pick out a few results and point to a marvellous team of individuals but balance my friend. You had a horror show in 2016 being the worst side in the football league. 2017 marginally better as fat sam purchased safety . . .just.

You should do better but then we heard this before each time you blow up and become a bit more of a circus.

Nothing is a given ... despite you trying to convince us your players can walk on water.

Facts are .... they cant

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We're winning the league so how can Palace be above us?

Stupid question. Next!

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
so selective. You've been stinking the prem out with your football and doing your best to finally exit it. Not sure which manager will save you this time , however you mention those results so lets also for balance mention the few that were within a few games of all these .... scum 0 sunderland 4 , saints 3 scum 1 , scum 2 Leicester 2 (at the time a shocker ) , scum 0 burnley 2

You see its ok to pick out a few results and point to a marvellous team of individuals but balance my friend. You had a horror show in 2016 being the worst side in the football league. 2017 marginally better as fat sam purchased safety . . .just.

You should do better but then we heard this before each time you blow up and become a bit more of a circus.

Nothing is a given ... despite you trying to convince us your players can walk on water.

Facts are .... they cant

We won some games but we lost some games...shock horror.

You're right about 2016, it was a shocker but that was down to the dad dancer Pardew, he's now long gone, sorry.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend. Welcome to the Premier League, your days of winning every week are long over.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We won some games but we lost some games...shock horror.

You're right about 2016, it was a shocker but that was down to the dad dancer Pardew, he's now long gone, sorry.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend. Welcome to the Premier League, your days of winning every week are long over.

haha ok mate,

Keep worrying

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Who cares? Crystal Palace are a joke club, laughed at by every other supporter in England.

They had the worst record of any club in 2016. They had Dancing Al in their embarrassing cup final defeat. They have a crumbling shithole of a ground. They play goal music and have light shows. They have "ultras" who are actually a bunch of spotty teenage chavs who bang a drum. They have ripped off local businesses, St John's Ambulance service etc. Twice.

They play in jester outfits. They needed a Groupon buy one get one free offer to try to sell tickets in the Championship, and still didn't sell out. Their attempt at a beamback was a total farce.

They vandalised their own coach. They perpetuated the lie about the shit in their dressing room. Sainsbury's.

Their fanbase is scummy teenage boys who joyfully burned their own town. Glad. All. Over.

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to support such a rancid, tinpot, pisspoor, noddy excuse of a football club.

So if we finish above them, great. If not, fine. We'll still be Brighton, they'll still be Palace and everyone else will still be laughing at them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here