Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will finish higher in the league this season? Brighton or Palace?

Who will finish higher in the league this season? Brighton or Palace?

• Brighton

Votes: 81 45.5%
  • Palace

Votes: 97 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You would have to say Palace still. Out and out proven match winners in Zaha and Benteke at this level. We will just enjoy the ride. If we stay up great. If we are behing you but stay up no one will really care. If we are in front of you and stay up great. If we finish 17th and you 18th then ****ing brilliant

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Honest question...who is the best player in your opinion out of Zaha, March, Townsend and Knockaert?

Well I know who I would want in my team, difficult to say who is best but March is potentially better than all of them. Think he will be a real star this year.Zaha is s talent and once he learns to stay on his feet, will be a very good player. Townsend, no idea, my Palace mate does not rate him, Knockheart, big season for him. So March for me as he has that something special which means he just glides by defenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Who cares? Crystal Palace are a joke club, laughed at by every other supporter in England.

They had the worst record of any club in 2016. They had Dancing Al in their embarrassing cup final defeat. They have a crumbling shithole of a ground. They play goal music and have light shows. They have "ultras" who are actually a bunch of spotty teenage chavs who bang a drum. They have ripped off local businesses, St John's Ambulance service etc. Twice.

They play in jester outfits. They needed a Groupon buy one get one free offer to try to sell tickets in the Championship, and still didn't sell out. Their attempt at a beamback was a total farce.

They vandalised their own coach. They perpetuated the lie about the shit in their dressing room. Sainsbury's.

Their fanbase is scummy teenage boys who joyfully burned their own town. Glad. All. Over.

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to support such a rancid, tinpot, pisspoor, noddy excuse of a football club.

So if we finish above them, great. If not, fine. We'll still be Brighton, they'll still be Palace and everyone else will still be laughing at them.

Take a bow sir!

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Who cares? Crystal Palace are a joke club, laughed at by every other supporter in England.

They had the worst record of any club in 2016. They had Dancing Al in their embarrassing cup final defeat. They have a crumbling shithole of a ground. They play goal music and have light shows. They have "ultras" who are actually a bunch of spotty teenage chavs who bang a drum. They have ripped off local businesses, St John's Ambulance service etc. Twice.

They play in jester outfits. They needed a Groupon buy one get one free offer to try to sell tickets in the Championship, and still didn't sell out. Their attempt at a beamback was a total farce.

They vandalised their own coach. They perpetuated the lie about the shit in their dressing room. Sainsbury's.

Their fanbase is scummy teenage boys who joyfully burned their own town. Glad. All. Over.

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone unfortunate enough to support such a rancid, tinpot, pisspoor, noddy excuse of a football club.

So if we finish above them, great. If not, fine. We'll still be Brighton, they'll still be Palace and everyone else will still be laughing at them.

Brighton, the team that the late Brian Clough described as a non footballing town and where you go for a Tory Party conference.

A club that has Clappers and puts the words up on the screen as most supporters don't know the lines to the songs.

A club that often couldn't sell out the 6000 capacity Withdean.

A team that has Chelsea fans in full kit sitting in the home ends in a recent picture advertising match day sales.

A club who have a section of fans that cheered as Glenn Murray went down injured with a cruciate ligament when he played for Palace.

A fanbase that envies the noise we generate at Selhurst. In comparison, the Amex is a library.

A club who bottled it in the play offs year on year including losing to there biggest rivals on there own pitch in front of the nation.

And yes, I'll prob be banned now for this post as you won't like hearing the truth whilst LL Cool J's aggressive post will be ignored. But frankly I don't care :whistle:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We won some games but we lost some games...shock horror.

You're right about 2016, it was a shocker but that was down to the dad dancer Pardew, he's now long gone, sorry.

You need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend. Welcome to the Premier League, your days of winning every week are long over.

I agree with you about Pardew. Take away the over-the-top love of him because he once scored an FAC semi winner
(leading to NO Wembley glory, the same as us), and he's poor manager. As well as being a bit of a w**ker as a human being.

The misplaced loyalty of Parrish almost saw you down. Palace fans went through hell with 12 calendar months of relentless defeats, especially at home. I followed BBS and Holmesdale during that time; posters were despondent.

Allerdyce, with astute and expensive signings, showed how it could be done and just how crap Pardew was.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brighton, the team that the late Brian Clough described as a non footballing town and where you go for a Tory Party conference.

A club that has Clappers and puts the words up on the screen as most supporters don't know the lines to the songs.

A team that has Chelsea fans in full kit sitting in the home ends in a recent picture advertising match day sales.

A club who have a section of fans that cheered as Glenn Murray went down injured with a cruciate ligament when he played for Palace.

A fanbase that envies the noise we generate at Selhurst. In comparison, the Amex is a library.

A club who bottled it in the play offs year on year including losing to there biggest rivals on there own pitch in front of the nation.

And yes, I'll prob be banned now for this post as you won't like hearing the truth whilst LL Cool J's aggressive post will be ignored. But frankly I don't care :whistle:

Didn't you statistically have the worst record in the entirety of Europe for 2017? :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Fool.

You dragged yourself down to the same gutter level.

A debate would have been good.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Didn't you statistically have the worst record in the entirety of Europe for 2017? :lolol:

2016 under Pardew was a shocker, not 2017. He's long gone. Still doubt it was anywhere near as close to the worst in Europe. Maybe you will beat it this season? Just a thought...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
2016 under Pardew was a the shocker, not 2017. He's long gone. Still doubt it was anywhere near as close to the worst in Europe. Maybe your beat it this year? Just a thought...

It's all very well having the Palace 'banter' lot on here and some aren't too bad, but this kid is just a clueless clown. Clearly doesn't have the wit or intelligence to be able to engage in a conversation that's actually worth having.

palace-games-makers.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I see you're not attempting to deny any of the FACTS in my post.

Even though most of your retort is incorrect I'll accept ALL of it, as the pathetic attempt to compare any issues we have as a club to yours just proves my POINT.

Everyone laughs at Palace.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
2016 under Pardew was a shocker, not 2017. He's long gone. Still doubt it was anywhere near as close to the worst in Europe. Maybe you will beat it this season? Just a thought...

Thanks, 2016. And no, I'm pretty sure it was statistically the worst, was mentioned on quite a few podcasts. But you're right, we SO ENVY you.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Let's keep this kid. He's the pricks prick that keeps on giving.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I think this sums it up nicely.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've always thought that your best style of play, was fast counter attacking, and, tbf, with Zaha and Townsend with Benteke inthe middle you seem to have the personnel to make a good go of it. If you change to possession based football,I think you'll lose the things that you are good at.
Still, I expect Frank the Farmer knows best.
I expect he knows a damn sight more than you .
With hindsight, it appears not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

To be fair, that might not actually be true this season. You can't actually tell.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just read back through the thread. Fertile ground indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here