Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will finish higher in the league this season? Brighton or Palace?

Who will finish higher in the league this season? Brighton or Palace?

• Brighton

Votes: 81 45.5%
  • Palace

Votes: 97 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think you're being harsh on our players. None of them are "sulky over paid lumps." Under Pardew we underperformed due to his dire tactics. Once Allardyce came in, (after a slow start) the players responded and pulled off some great results against some of the best sides in the division.

The real test for us will be if we can adapt to the new 3-4-3 formation and expansive possession based football FDB wants to implement. If we can get it right we could challenge in the top half. If it goes wrong then we could be back in the relegation dogfight.

I've always thought that your best style of play, was fast counter attacking, and, tbf, with Zaha and Townsend with Benteke inthe middle you seem to have the personnel to make a good go of it. If you change to possession based football,I think you'll lose the things that you are good at.
Still, I expect Frank the Farmer knows best.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I've always thought that your best style of play, was fast counter attacking, and, tbf, with Zaha and Townsend with Benteke inthe middle you seem to have the personnel to make a good go of it. If you change to possession based football,I think you'll lose the things that you are good at.
Still, I expect Frank the Farmer knows best.

I expect he knows a damn sight more than you .

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Palace, unfortunately.

I'll take staying up, and beating them at home.

We are miles ahead of them off the pitch though, they're stadium is way past it's sell by date, and it will cost a small fortune to either rebuild or relocate.

And they only have 7 years of history.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A genuine question, away from the mutual bitching.

Do you think CPFC will try to sign Sakho towards the end of the window? He was a key figure in transforming your defence last season. I do realise LFC are holding out for £30m.

He was immense for us but we won't spend £30 m on him . I've heard we are signing chambers from arsenal so I'd say the sakho deal is dead . I reckon he will go to Southampton in a exchange / cash deal for van dijk .

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Cannot believe that on an Albion forum , Palace are expected to finish higher than us .,

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think you're being harsh on our players. None of them are "sulky over paid lumps." Under Pardew we underperformed due to his dire tactics. Once Allardyce came in, (after a slow start) the players responded and pulled off some great results against some of the best sides in the division.

The real test for us will be if we can adapt to the new 3-4-3 formation and expansive possession based football FDB wants to implement. If we can get it right we could challenge in the top half. If it goes wrong then we could be back in the relegation dogfight.

Pardew was great and poorly treated. He lost the dressing room and those players didn't pull their weight. Allardyce signed some players and got the others to apply themselves and you were back beating most opposition. FDB will have his own ideas and tactics and if Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye et al decide it isn't working then you could well be ina relegation fight

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Both of us to finish somewhere between 10th and 17th I reckon. If we're close at the end then they will have to be disappointed what with their top 8 team and all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thank God we haven't fallen for the obvious bounce-able Palace thread, supposedly proving how "deluded" we are.
Particularly with a potential humiliation against City less than a week away.
I have voted Palace purely for that reason.

Palace remain in a band of 10 or so clubs that could finish anywhere between 20th and 10th.
Regardless of the strength of their squad, it will only take a few injuries or a weak manager to see them struggle again.

Staying up is the best we can expect right now. I may change my mind after the first three games, but I doubt it.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I honestly don't give a flying f*ck as long as we stay up.

One thing I will say no matter who does what, I wish you s*it pikey club didn't exist and you will always be inbred c*nts.

I f*cking hate you all with a passion.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Do you know what...I don't give a monkeys whether Palace finish above us next season. As others have said the only important thing is for us to stay-up and try and consolidate in the PL. If we can do that the prognosis for us long term could be very good, whereas I reckon Palace have got a long term Selhurst shaped millstone around its neck.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'll say Palace, as this is very much a survival/find our feet season. But would be nice to win the head to head bragging rights though!

I feel more optimistic about survival now, the team is shaping up well and I think we have enough in the team to get a dozen wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here