Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Michael Oliver - Referee for Man City game [and Everton]

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Michael Oliver - Referee for Man City game

Bought so many dives by their #17 in the centre circle that he must have a loyalty card. Terrible prima donna refereeing.

Always a bit reluctant to criticise refs given my view up in the Upper East stand but he seemed to be particularly anti-Murray!?

He gave umpteen fouls against him although Murray didn’t seem to me to be particularly at fault most of the time. Wondered if his reputation in the Championship biased Oliver against him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's deffo got one of those smug faces you just want to punch

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Lol I was effing and blinding at the pen decision cos it didn’t look like the Everton players appealed. It turns out they were just as amazed as everyone else what actually happened

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I haven’t seen a replay of the penalty yet but as regards the rest of the match he may as well have had an Everton scarf on. He gave them everything they asked for.

Absolute nonsense. Propper was lucky to only be cautioned for stamping on Gueye's ankle with studs up; he couldn't have had any complaints if he was shown a red. And goodness only knows how he didn't see Gross trying to yank the shirt off Sigurdsson in the penalty area in the second half. Not to mention that Bruno's pre-meditated forearm/elbow smash for the penalty could easily have resulted in a sending-off.

I would agree that the ref didn't have a great game, but he certainly wasn't "biased".

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's probably only an impression, but it seemed like every Albion indiscretion was punished by a free kick. Every 50/50 went to Everton. Murray got in to the mindset that the only way to avoid the foul against him was not to jump with the centre back at all, yet even if he just stood there, a foul was given. I may be wrong, I often am, but I thought it took 45 minutes before the ref gave a foul against Everton and 90 minutes before he booked one of theirs. Mrs Earle wouldn't even cheer our goal as she was certain the ref would find a way to disallow it. After that, it just seemed a matter of time before the ref would find a penalty for Everton from somewhere or at least offer some great free kick opportunities near goal. As I say, only an impression, but it really seemed like we were playing a team, a ref and his flaggy assistants!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I watched on TV and thought he was fine. A few decisions went Everton's way, but they really weren't many (if any) decisions that I can think of which were harsh against us.

Everton could have had two penalties. Bruno and Propper could have been sent off - I suspect if we were playing away they would have been.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Absolute nonsense. Propper was lucky to only be cautioned for stamping on Gueye's ankle with studs up; he couldn't have had any complaints if he was shown a red. And goodness only knows how he didn't see Gross trying to yank the shirt off Sigurdsson in the penalty area in the second half. Not to mention that Bruno's pre-meditated forearm/elbow smash for the penalty could easily have resulted in a sending-off.

I would agree that the ref didn't have a great game, but he certainly wasn't "biased".

How about the block by Keane from Dunks goal bound shot , which he stopped with his arm , and Gross being bundled over in the box in the second half , , I have seen penalties given for both these offences

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Not sure how you 'stamp with studs up', but hey ho.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's probably only an impression, but it seemed like every Albion indiscretion was punished by a free kick. Every 50/50 went to Everton. Murray got in to the mindset that the only way to avoid the foul against him was not to jump with the centre back at all, yet even if he just stood there, a foul was given. I may be wrong, I often am, but I thought it took 45 minutes before the ref gave a foul against Everton and 90 minutes before he booked one of theirs. Mrs Earle wouldn't even cheer our goal as she was certain the ref would find a way to disallow it. After that, it just seemed a matter of time before the ref would find a penalty for Everton from somewhere or at least offer some great free kick opportunities near goal. As I say, only an impression, but it really seemed like we were playing a team, a ref and his flaggy assistants!

This

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How about the block by Keane from Dunks goal bound shot , which he stopped with his arm , and Gross being bundled over in the box in the second half , , I have seen penalties given for both these offences

The Groß incident was almost in front of us. He jumped to head the ball and was shoved with two hands in his back. The east stand lino would've had a good view of it, even if the ref didn't. A definite penalty shout.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

100% agree with you re-Murray. Every time Keane clearly had his arms round Murray to stop him & ref just let it go, worst display by a ref this season so far.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This league is ridiculous for play acting and even normal tackles the opposition try to cheat.

Oliver was conned constantly ,

Awful performance.

We almost need to wise up

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think Oliver felt sorry for Everton after their shit start to the season so he tried to give them a helping hand. Even with the refs help they couldn't beat us. Doesn't say much for the £140m they spent.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The ball ricocheted onto his arm from his body. His arm wasn't in an unnatural position and there was no intent to handle (in my view).

It wasn't a penalty in my eyes, and I think you would have been absolutely livid if a penalty had been awarded against an Albion player for that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here