Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Ticket Exchange NOW OPEN for Man City match***

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If they sold half and half scarves in the club shop, I'd be in there like a shot.

Last season's exchange system being in place for the City game can only be a stop-gap measure until they roll out a fit-for-purpose new one. Shirley?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its not spiting yourself. A £25 voucher which can only be spent in one shop (and for many on match days only - hence having to queue to get in) is just not worth the incentive.

It isn't great, but it is what it is. I doubt more than 1 or 2% of STH live further away than I do, so I am one of those you suggest could only use this on a match day. I'd still rather take up the offer than leave my seats empty and get NOTHING. If you can't use the voucher, give it to someone who can - a lucky random kid outside the ground if it comes to it..

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
season ticket holders want the world. best seats in the ground, get to see the Albion every other week guaranteed, priority on away tickets, relatively cheap per match tickets, oh and if I can't go I'd like the club to sell my ticket for me and give me my money back.

Rest of us scrabbling around for tickets down in the corners at twice the price of everyone else and no chance of an away ticket. And if we can't get a home ticket, clearly we can't expect a sth to list his seat on the exchange, "oh my £25 club shop voucher just isn't worth it, sniff sniff"

stop fecking moaning

It's just a little odd that in all these years of being a season ticket holder this season suddenly 'I want the world..'

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's bollocks. Most ST holders would prefer their seats to be filled, on the odd occasion they can't make it. And the Club benefits from selling the same seat twice. And the Team benefit from a full stadium. And new people get to see the mighty Albion, who wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity.

And how do we make all that happen? Not through the current Ticket Exchange I would suggest.

I'm very much in favour of a properly functioning ticket exchange. But most of the posts on here are people moaning that they only get a club voucher and don't get their money back, which is a load of self-entitled bollocks

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like my seats being used and most the time give them away to friends and family.

It would be good if the resale could have an option of donating part of or all the proceeds to AITC or REMF.

That's a great idea. Yes, I've given mine away to friends in the past.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Persoally I can't ever see the club offering cash. im not a fan of it being limited to the club shop. If it was extended to say the concourse ect £20 quid will buy a few pies or pints ect ect. Think more people maybe interested in the exchange if this were on offer

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This is an absolute shambles, I can't believe we're even in this half-baked lazy idea.

I still can't understand why we use a commercially available ticketing system - why this vendor does not have some kind of re-sale functionality built into it? Or available as an extra.

As well as that the £25 gift voucher thing is crap. It MAY be tempting if we were still 'cash-less' and could be taken as credit on my card, but I don't think I've spent £25 in the club shop in the last 10 years and this is unlikely to change in the future.

Yes it's a shame it can't be exchanged at the food kiosks. I'd happily spend it on pies and beer!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm very much in favour of a properly functioning ticket exchange. But most of the posts on here are people moaning that they only get a club voucher and don't get their money back, which is a load of self-entitled bollocks

I would agree with you if the club were giving the resale seats away to local charities or schools but they are reselling at full matchday price. Bearing this in mind it doesn't seem unreasonable for season ticket holders to receive something
more than a club shop voucher.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I would agree with you if the club were giving the resale seats away to local charities or schools but they are reselling at full matchday price. Bearing this in mind it doesn't seem unreasonable for season ticket holders to receive something
more than a club shop voucher.

The point though is that season ticket holders get discounted match tickets and guaranteed seats in the middle of the west upper or north or east precisely because they are committing to a whole season. But if you start getting your money back every time you can't go then that deal falls apart. I might as well get a season ticket, go to my usual 3 or 4 games a season and sell on all the rest. Now that would be a fantastic deal for me.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I agree, it is odd

And yet I'm not saying anything different to what I have been in past seasons when we weren't in the Premier League..Strangely no-one was interested in my seat until we were winning and playing the big clubs. Insulting season ticket holders who have supported the club in good times and bad is not the way to persuade them to resell on the ticket exchange and neither is the club pocketing full resale price while offering a club shop voucher in return.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
season ticket holders want the world. best seats in the ground, get to see the Albion every other week guaranteed, priority on away tickets, relatively cheap per match tickets, oh and if I can't go I'd like the club to sell my ticket for me and give me my money back.

Rest of us scrabbling around for tickets down in the corners at twice the price of everyone else and no chance of an away ticket. And if we can't get a home ticket, clearly we can't expect a sth to list his seat on the exchange, "oh my £25 club shop voucher just isn't worth it, sniff sniff"

stop fecking moaning

You missed bit about the having to pay £650 upwards, it's not free.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The point though is that season ticket holders get discounted match tickets and guaranteed seats in the middle of the west upper or north or east precisely because they are committing to a whole season. But if you start getting your money back every time you can't go then that deal falls apart. I might as well get a season ticket, go to my usual 3 or 4 games a season and sell on all the rest. Now that would be a fantastic deal for me.

I don't want my money back. I don't think they should pay cash. A voucher for beer and pies would be a fair
compromise. As to getting the best seats, well they were available to all until the last year or so and people
are only complaining now because we are in the Premier League.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
And yet I'm not saying anything different to what I have been in past seasons when we weren't in the Premier League..Strangely no-one was interested in my seat until we were winning and playing the big clubs. Insulting season ticket holders who have supported the club in good times and bad is not the way to persuade them to resell on the ticket exchange and neither is the club pocketing full resale price while offering a club shop voucher in return.

I'm only insulting those people who think they should have their cake and eat it, and moaning about not being able to for good measure. If thats you, then I hope you realise the error of your judgement, and if its not you then you've nothing to be bothered about :)

*and from your post above which you posted when I was writing, it sounds like it isn't you. So we're all good :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't want my money back. I don't think they should pay cash. A voucher for beer and pies would be a fair
compromise

Agree with this. (I think most would, tbh).

Its a shame we had to lose the e-cash facility on the ST cards. Surely that was the 21st century answer? £20 of e-cash on your card, to be spent wherever you like at the ground.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have always given my seat and 3 others for free to family and friends when I have been unable to make a game. I have said my mate can have two tickets for the WBA game as I am away BUT this exchange system is making me think twice. With 2 X £25 vouchers one of my kids can get a shirt. I don't think my mate is going to be happy but hey, he has had free ones for the last 6 years!

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Great, now I am profiteering. Maybe check some of my other posts. I have been fairly consistent. Financial reward has never been my issue.

Not sure how you can draw that conclusion from my post ...I certainly wasn't suggesting that..looking at the debate it's obvious the system isent perfect ..but at the same time I'm just surprised that people don't use it ..especially if they say they want the seat occupied so the team get supported

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here