Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Ticket Exchange NOW OPEN for Man City match***

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
A friend of a friend has a ticket going spare due to some unforeseen circumstances ... £40 is a fair price (it cost £50).

PM if interested and I'll put you in touch.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Been looking at the stadium plan regularly through the day and have not seen 1 additional re listed ticket become available to buy , so nobody has bothered to re list their ticket or nobody who would do knows they can is all i can assume .

Unless all other tickets are sold then you wont see any listed tickets appearing. The news item clearly states they will only appear if the game is sold out

Unless all other tickets are sold then you wont see any listed tickets appearing. The news item clearly states they will only appear if the game is sold out

There have been numerous ones appearing for sale. Admitidly it's impossible to tell if these are extras that have been made available by the club or those put up for exchange.

I would wager the small cluster that appeared yesterday in the East Upper were the former.

It does beggar the question. If the club feel the need to underscore now that your ticket won't be offered until it's a sellout, why not let you make your ticket available weeks ago? Before those affected went on holiday.....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There have been numerous ones appearing for sale. Admitidly it's impossible to tell if these are extras that have been made available by the club or those put up for exchange.

I would wager the small cluster that appeared yesterday in the East Upper were the former.

It does beggar the question. If the club feel the need to underscore now that your ticket won't be offered until it's a sellout, why not let you make your ticket available weeks ago? Before those affected went on holiday.....

The tone of communication on this subject from the club suggests they feel wronged in some way and therefore suspicious of their season ticket holder base. I wonder if this is what is preventing them offering a proper ticket exchange.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
For me the problem is the voucher.

Not getting what the club gets for the resale (less a small charge for service) smacks a tad of profiteering. Getting a voucher instead of money makes it blatant profiteering.

This would mean far less people offering their empty seats to exchange and not good business IMO.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
First season club will have so many sell outs so hopefully will end up getting it right. Last year I looked on some club sites and several were deducting £20/25 of next season ticket every time club resold your ticket. Much better system.
If I couldnt go to Man City game club would sell my ticket for £55 give me voucher for £25 that is no use to me and nett cost to them must only be about £10. Sorry all one way and with money in Premier league should do more that suits fans and not club

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is an absolute shambles, I can't believe we're even in this half-baked lazy idea.

I still can't understand why we use a commercially available ticketing system - why this vendor does not have some kind of re-sale functionality built into it? Or available as an extra.

As well as that the £25 gift voucher thing is crap. It MAY be tempting if we were still 'cash-less' and could be taken as credit on my card, but I don't think I've spent £25 in the club shop in the last 10 years and this is unlikely to change in the future.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've only done this once and must admit I found myself struggling to spend £25 in the shop. Ended up buying the book on our first season at Falmer. Although it's a nice thing to have and a good read, I would never have really considered buying it. There is a lot of tat in the shop and not much that appeals to me that I don't already have. Surely a cash refund straight into the acounts of STHs is the way to go. Easier to operate too. We know the club make big profits on merch but we are giving them the opportunity to resell our seat so surely that should be enough.

I think this is more of a problem with the shop than the voucher, to be fair.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
There may be a couple coming up in WSU as I can't make the game. I have to say, though, I am not sure I can be arsed

It's a bit odd if fans are more concerned about no shows than Da Management. .

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
season ticket holders want the world. best seats in the ground, get to see the Albion every other week guaranteed, priority on away tickets, relatively cheap per match tickets, oh and if I can't go I'd like the club to sell my ticket for me and give me my money back.

Rest of us scrabbling around for tickets down in the corners at twice the price of everyone else and no chance of an away ticket. And if we can't get a home ticket, clearly we can't expect a sth to list his seat on the exchange, "oh my £25 club shop voucher just isn't worth it, sniff sniff"

stop fecking moaning

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rest of us scrabbling around for tickets down in the corners at twice the price of everyone else and no chance of an away ticket. And if we can't get a home ticket, clearly we can't expect a sth to list his seat on the exchange, "oh my £25 club shop voucher just isn't worth it, sniff sniff"

stop fecking moaning

The fact we're annoyed is we're being treated like school kids about not-named people using tickets, don't sell it, don't give it away - but the system they have put in place is appalling. I'd probably have used the system before IF it was £25 cash, but a club shop voucher is crap.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
season ticket holders want the world. best seats in the ground, get to see the Albion every other week guaranteed, priority on away tickets, relatively cheap per match tickets, oh and if I can't go I'd like the club to sell my ticket for me and give me my money back.

stop fecking moaning

:clap2: :clap2: Great post, this.

(and I say that AS a season ticket holder).

So, it's not the best offer in the world? Its better than **** all, so whilst cash would probably suit everyone better, why spite yourself and end up with NOTHING for your unused seats? :shrug:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

stop fecking moaning

That's bollocks. Most ST holders would prefer their seats to be filled, on the odd occasion they can't make it. And the Club benefits from selling the same seat twice. And the Team benefit from a full stadium. And new people get to see the mighty Albion, who wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity.

And how do we make all that happen? Not through the current Ticket Exchange I would suggest.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

So, it's not the best offer in the world? Its better than **** all, so whilst cash would probably suit everyone better, why spite yourself and end up with NOTHING for your unused seats? :shrug:

Its not spiting yourself. A £25 voucher which can only be spent in one shop (and for many on match days only - hence having to queue to get in) is just not worth the incentive.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne

Maybe you've not read about how, err, smooth, easy and transparent the (new) ticket exchange system is?

I'm certainly not looking to make money, the fact is, it was shite last season, and it still is.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's bollocks. Most ST holders would prefer their seats to be filled, on the odd occasion they can't make it. And the Club benefits from selling the same seat twice. And the Team benefit from a full stadium. And new people get to see the mighty Albion, who wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity.

And how do we make all that happen? Not through the current Ticket Exchange I would suggest.

You could do it through the current system..but it seems from an earlier post that you can't be arsed even though you'd prefer the seat to be occupied ..hmmm

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I like my seats being used and most the time give them away to friends and family.

It would be good if the resale could have an option of donating part of or all the proceeds to AITC or REMF.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here