Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Thanks

128 Not allowed!
    The family and I are overwhelmed by the kindness and support shown to us after Ed's recent death. So many wonderful messages, so many lovely people who turned out to bid him farewell at the funeral and so much love shown to us. The NSC thread is just wonderful and that NSC shut down in his honour during the funeral was a wonderful tribute. He was, indeed, the 'Father of The House', wasn't he?

We may be sad (and we are) but we are also lucky. Lucky to have had Ed in our lives as a husband, father, stepfather and grandfather and lucky to have the legacies he leaves behind for others too. Not just one, but several. He's simply irreplaceable.

I'd love to answer all your messages. Please forgive me if this takes a little while. But we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

And now, as we take the next journey into the Premier League, here's Lord B on another hugely significant journey - to the first game at the Amex.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Wonderful words, wonderful picture, many of us Brighton fans owe him A LOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Crikey. Got some grit in my eye. I didn't know Ed but it's clear that he's a major part of where we are now. The tributes on here have been fitting for someone who was clearly an Albion hero.

Members

5 Not allowed!
      His legacy is there for us to visit & enjoy every home game.

Perhaps they could name a bar after him too? WSL was where I often saw him after the games.
      40 years of watching the Albion makes me an official Boring Old Git.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddie Goodwin. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Perhaps they could name a bar after him too? WSL was where I often saw him after the games.
      that's a fine idea
      he vuelto, o mejor dicho nunca me había ido!!!!
      Members

1 Not allowed!

Bassfords or Bracknells Bar would be a great name
      Just Shut Up and Paddle Saladpack Seagull's Avatar

3 Not allowed!

I feel impoverished because I never met this clearly loved and well-respected man. This suggestion by Freddie Goodwin would be a fitting tribute if his family agree to it, supplemented if possible with some photographs and a narrative of why he was such an immense force in the cause of our Club. That way, it would be more than a name above a bar, it would let future generations of fans appreciate his worth and why we (let alone his poor family) feel his loss so keenly.
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lady Bracknell View Post
      The family and I are overwhelmed by the kindness and support shown to us after Ed's recent death. So many wonderful messages, so many lovely people who turned out to bid him farewell at the funeral and so much love shown to us. The NSC thread is just wonderful and that NSC shut down in his honour during the funeral was a wonderful tribute. He was, indeed, the 'Father of The House', wasn't he?

We may be sad (and we are) but we are also lucky. Lucky to have had Ed in our lives as a husband, father, stepfather and grandfather and lucky to have the legacies he leaves behind for others too. Not just one, but several. He's simply irreplaceable.

I'd love to answer all your messages. Please forgive me if this takes a little while. But we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

And now, as we take the next journey into the Premier League, here's Lord B on another hugely significant journey - to the first game at the Amex.

Beautiful words and a perfect picture.

And that is how I am going to remember the Lord Bracknell I knew - happy, smiling, decked out in blue and white and on a bus travelling through the South Downs, full of hope, optimism and anticipation for what lies ahead.

God bless you Ed.

5 Not allowed!
      Hi Roz. Friday's was a lovely service and did Ed (not to mention you and the family) proud.

It's been fantastic to see the vast outpouring of admiration for the Bearded Maestro on here, and as for closing NSC down during his funeral: it was, frankly, the absolute least he deserved, for all his service, advocacy and friendship over the years.

Ed will always be a part of NSC
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Honorary Ruffian

0 Not allowed!
      Thanks for this, Roz. I'm just sorry I couldn't make the funeral, because of a prior commitment. I got to know the two of you through the Falmer battle, and your little local difficulty with a certain lady from Lewes - remember the avatars? I was also privileged to spend a morning with Ed at the public enquiry, and to share the same Amex presentation as you. I will also never forget the time when Ed came up to Seagulls over London to present the various stadium options. He then asked us to consider all the options and come up with our best, and we chose...Waterhall. Anyway, RIP Ed, and my condolences to you.
      Made in Brighton, delivered in Rustington

www.burmacampaign.org.uk