Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you're in the Premier League when......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you remind grown adults that you have seen Albion beat Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Liverpool. Then they tell you that they weren't born at the time.

When did we beat Arsenal? I saw most of our games the last time we were in the top division but have no recollection of beating Arsenal.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
When you get back later and in a worse condition than normal after the Wigan game and the wife says what gives. You say very important match. She says hmmmm. Then news at 10 has it on and she says ok

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This may be true but I'll remember that song and what it meant for the rest of my days.

I was an Albion mad teenager the last time we made it but there was something really special about this time and that song just galvanised us all.

Completely. Being belted out on the concourse and pitch after the Wigan game, at Wolves as we exited the ground and also at Norwich when we were 2 down in particular for me. Spine-tingling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
in answer to OP question:

When listening to the Monday night football programme and getting increasingly irritated by the endless waffle about boring old world clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea while waiting for mention of the new broom (the Bloom Broom - Boom Boom!).

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
When your son/daughter no longer gets asked whose shirt is that

When you're on holiday in Asia and the cabbie starts asking you about the chances of his team (the Albion) this season

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
When (at last) I can walk into any pub in Plymouth, when the Albion are on and I know that it will actually be on.
Not switched off, or showing Rugby or The Burleigh horse trials or some other crap that some toe rag in the pub wanted to watch.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
When you get back later and in a worse condition than normal after the Wigan game and the wife says what gives. You say very important match. She says hmmmm. Then news at 10 has it on and she says ok

You were back for The News at 10? I hope that was the following day's news... :drink:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
East Lower, Block C yesterday by any chance?

Close: I was in East Upper E3A.
To be fair he briefly made it to his seat in blissful ignorance with a full pint before they swooped :D

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When you're working in Malaysia for a couple of days and the talk turns to football (they are all EPL mad), they ask you what team you support and when they hear it's the Albion they are genuinely interested and knowledgeable (they all support one of Liverpool, MU or Chelsea though)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Christ there are some simpletons on there.

Didn't think the comments were too bad for the most part to be honest.

This one made me chuckle as well

f83f04eb96642beff3a33bcc3adbf226.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here