Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think even more from yesterdays performance that we are going with 1 upfront. I think if another striker comes in and I sincerely hope that he does that it will be a no.9 with pace rather than a 2nd striker. Gross, Brown, Baldock and March at a pinch offer options in the hole. I wonder as well if the right one comes in whether we will cash in on Hemed who looked short of the required standard yesterday. I cannot see us playing two up and Gross unless we were chasing a game.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
I think even more from yesterdays performance that we are going with 1 upfront. I think if another striker comes in and I sincerely hope that he does that it will be a no.9 with pace rather than a 2nd striker. Gross, Brown, Baldock and March at a pinch offer options in the hole. I wonder as well if the right one comes in whether we will cash in on Hemed who looked short of the required standard yesterday. I cannot see us playing two up and Gross unless we were chasing a game.

Good post. A lot of the thinking until now has been two big, two small - and focusing on being one short of the latter... We just need a top class number 9 full stop. I'm not even sure Jovetic (which has gone off the boil) is in the mould we're after - in all likelihood it will be another surprise.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Keep the faith. How many people knew Davy Propper was going to sign for us a few days ago. We'll be alright.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It'll be interesting to see where we go for a striker. Players like Cafu and Haraguchi have been linked largely because of their pace but they're not natural finishers. Then youve got someone like Jovetic or maybe Nils Petersen who are more consistent finishers but not as quick (faster than Murray or Hemed though).
As a side certain to rely on counter attacking which way do you go?
One thing - I can't see us letting Hemed go as whatever route we follow he is the only back up to Murray as an "old fashioned" centre forward.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I've heard Billy Paynter is available, a free agent after being released by Hartlepool.

Failing that we might be able to tempt Bas Savage out of retirement.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
According to talk sport tonight we are in for Chris Wood for 12m.

Unfortunately Leeds said a fortnight ago that hes in the £20m bracket so think this rumour (started by the Sun) is unlikely.
Anyway Naylor says no interest and he's 100% with his "no's" this summer :lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I have been thinking the same pack midfield one up front someone big holds the ball wins headers and brings those midfield in to scoring positions

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I reckon we will play 4-5-1 but in reality it will be a 4-3-3 when we have possession
Just like we did in the MA days ( first time round)

With Propper and Gross signing, you'd have to think that CH is looking at something like this.

But I think that we could (possibly) need a striker though, funny how no-ones mentioned it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here