Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping away players off/onto the pitch

ack

Apr 20, 2006
WTF you just seen one of the best teams(TEAM. NOT INDIVIDUALS) in europe, and clapping subs is worng??????????? Really dont get some of you on here. And BTW we ran them close.

Jeez it was a friendly against a team we have no rivalry with. Some of the comedy tough guys on here :lolol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I Who'd them off, and who'd on the replacement, and will do the same for the rest of the season regardless of who they are.

My son and his friends (all 7) amused themselves with doing the "whhhoooo?" at them yesterday. Really looking forward to doing it to some big name players this season.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Torres has won nearly everything there is to win in football, he held the World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and Europa League all at the same time.

Antoine Griezmann is (normally) one of the top 10 players in the world

Watching them in a friendly environment, I enjoyed watching them both play , it won't happen often, so I clapped their talent.

Would never do it in a league game though. Although I did clap Dean Ashton when he scored against us for Crewe, that day he was outstanding

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to cut the OP some slack and agree with him on his point about needing to make the Amex a fortress.

Clearly, it won't be a fortress, but there will be times this season when we'll need to make noise when we otherwise wouldn't. There are also a load of newbies this season and they need to be shown the ground rules.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm going to cut the OP some slack and agree with him on his point about needing to make the Amex a fortress.

Clearly, it won't be a fortress, but there will be times this season when we'll need to make noise when we otherwise wouldn't. There are also a load of newbies this season and they need to be shown the ground rules.
good luck with that then , it will fall in line with all the other premier ghost grounds, just sitting in their seats with a shiny new replica shirt and mobile phone in hand will suffice ............ HARSH BUT TRUE
regards
DR

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
To many Rodneys in the happy flappy club :(
Give theyse foriegners an inch and they will start taking libraries like them Hanoverians at burnley who got match abandoned. Anyone who claps oppo is a melt end of.

Regards

DR

anyone "CLAPPING" been to GLYNDEBOURNE OPERA ???
regards
DR

:lolol:

When parody and reality merge...I always have to check to see whether there's a capital p in pink!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Torres has won nearly everything there is to win in football, he held the World Cup, European Championship, Champions League and Europa League all at the same time.

Antoine Griezmann is (normally) one of the top 10 players in the world

Watching them in a friendly environment, I enjoyed watching them both play , it won't happen often, so I clapped their talent.

Would never do it in a league game though. Although I did clap Dean Ashton when he scored against us for Crewe, that day he was outstanding

I agree. I do remember clapping Chris Eagles' goal which was superb, and we had very ironic cheers for every goal that Stoke scored against us, on the last day of the season, at Withdean. The Stoke fans, in return, cheered Doug Lofts single goal when we were already 5-0 down. Happy days.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I agree. I do remember clapping Chris Eagles' goal which was superb, and we had very ironic cheers for every goal that Stoke scored against us, on the last day of the season, at Withdean. The Stoke fans, in return, cheered Doug Lofts single goal when we were already 5-0 down. Happy days.

Adam Rooney ran around us that day, scoring a hattrick

Hilarious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here