Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping away players off/onto the pitch

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see no problem in clapping players OFF of the pitch after the game if they have contributed to a good game irrespective of the final score. I would,however, object if they had been cynical and petty and thus spoiling the game as a spectacle.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Perfectly ok in a friendly. Next week Stirling can **** off to a chorus of boos and ****er signs when he is taken off after being given a footballing lesson by Bruno.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I remember when Portsmouth got stuffed by Arsenal at Fratton Park, there was a thing made about the whole ground giving Henry a standing ovation when he came off. Everyone was calling their fans class, I was thinking more tinpot

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see no problem in clapping players OFF of the pitch after the game if they have contributed to a good game irrespective of the final score. I would,however, object if they had been cynical and petty and thus spoiling the game as a spectacle.

Erm..it was during the game (substitutions)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Another post towards your noonegivesafeckwhatyouthink sixty thousand :moo:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember when Portsmouth got stuffed by Arsenal at Fratton Park, there was a thing made about the whole ground giving Henry a standing ovation when he came off. Everyone was calling their fans class, I was thinking more tinpot

I'd say class. What is wrong with acknowledging that someone has played your team off the park ?

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
The people sat around me weren't able to pay attention to the game until all the excitement of the Community Shield penalty shoot out had finished, we were talked through each penalty.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
It's entertainment innit. Clapping players off and creating a "cauldron" atmosphere are not mutually exclusive. The last time I looked players only left the field when there is a break in play.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

To be fair he was outrageously good that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here