Votes: 34 18.9%
  • 9/10

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • 10/10- Supremely Confident!

Votes: 6 3.3%

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Now all the training exercises are over we are only 6 days away from the start of the season...So what's your overall mood?

Don't think you can be too disappointed today, especially with our 2nd half display. Ryan error is a big worry but he seemed to bounce back well to be fair, personally would have given Gross man of the match, classy player and inventive.

We looked a bit toothless in the engine room of midfield, thought Sidwell made a sound improvement but if we get the deal for Propper over the line we should hopefully see improvement in that area.

Still think we desperately need a striker, Hemed works hard but never really looked like scoring, Murray will only be a bit part player I'd imagine...

Big bonus to see Knocky on the pitch and looked full of energy as usual.

Overall I'd say i'm a 6/10 although I do think we'll get soundly beaten by City!

If Murray doesn't stay fit we will have a lot of problems

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Been confident all summer.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
personally would have given Gross man of the match, classy player and inventive.
Murray will only be a bit part player I'd imagine...

Agree with your comments about Gross, while Brown pushed him close. But am curious to know why you think Murray will only be a bit part player ? As long as he stays fit he's such an intelligent striker that holds the ball up so well I think he'll be a key player to bring the likes of Gross, Knocky & Brown into the game and get the best out of them. If we're under the cosh at times then getting the ball up to him is more likely to stick or win us a free kick rather than coming straight back and putting us under pressure. We're well aware that he knows where the back of the net is and has given PL defenders a torrid time in the past when he's started.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I genuinely don't understand the question.

Overall mood? I'm ECSTATIC we're in the Premier League and very excited about the season ahead.

How do I think we'll do is a completely different question.

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
7/10

Feel more confident after yesterday's result. We may not have spent big on a striker (yet.....) but we have players in all positions who can score. We're not going to score as many goals this season, that seems obvious. So we're going to have to make use of the guys that can score. It'll keep other teams on their toes a bit more if they're aware that we have that ability.

We are Brighton. We are Premier League !

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I genuinely don't understand the question.

Overall mood? I'm ECSTATIC we're in the Premier League and very excited about the season ahead.

How do I think we'll do is a completely different question.

Overall mood of how well we'll do/our prospects. I'm pretty sure everyone's delighted we're in the PL, however the mood could turn sour if we get outplayed every week...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Agree with your comments about Gross, while Brown pushed him close. But am curious to know why you think Murray will only be a bit part player ? As long as he stays fit he's such an intelligent striker that holds the ball up so well I think he'll be a key player to bring the likes of Gross, Knocky & Brown into the game and get the best out of them. If we're under the cosh at times then getting the ball up to him is more likely to stick or win us a free kick rather than coming straight back and putting us under pressure. We're well aware that he knows where the back of the net is and has given PL defenders a torrid time in the past when he's started.

He got dumped by Bournemouth and Palace and is getting on a bit now. I think he is without question our best striker currently however don't think his hold up play is as good as it used to be. Given the fact we will see a lot less of the ball in the Prem I would imagine we will be targeting a pacy striker for counter attacking opportunities.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
To many overseas signings who proberbly cant speak or right english and no chips. stands are full of melts who will dissapear if any firms turn up and take are manor. In the old days anyone who took libertarians would be kicked all the way to hove station

Regards

DR

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
To many overseas signings who proberbly cant speak or right english and no chips. stands are full of melts who will dissapear if any firms turn up and take are manor. In the old days anyone who took libertarians would be kicked all the way to hove station

Regards

DR

Put you down as a 9 then

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham

Regards

DR

Really should check your posts before hitting send. Can't "right" English? Probably find you mean can't "write" English! On a serious note it would be nice to sign an English player. Just too damn expensive I guess.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
We looked ok yesterday and I'm cautiously optimistic we'll get some decent results.

But very pessimistic about staying up without another striker

But we

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Regards

DR

Most ironic post ever ? Errors highlighted in bold.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Overall mood before the big kick off...

funny-dance-move-6.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports