Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Observer sports section

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
In today's Observer a Brighton fan gives their view on the forthcoming season. He/she thinks we'll finish 10th and Huddersfield , West Brom & Bournemouth will go down. Anyone else think the same?
Personally, I think we'll just scrape a survival or if things don't go our way we'll go down (as things stand today - before potential further recruitment) but as for relegation would be surprised if either of Bournemouth or West Brom got relegated. What do you think?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ha! Those predictions are very wishful and clearly made whilst wearing extra thick rose tinted spectacles. West Brom are more likely to finish 10th than us (and I don't think W Brom will be that high) and if we finish above Bournemouth then we'll be safe. As painful as it is for me to say this, I reckon Palace could get a top ten spot this year.

larus

Unless we get more firepower, I reckon we will go straight back down.

As much as I don't want to think negatively, I feel you're right. We look OK defensively and possibly fine in the midfield area. But upfront I don't see us scoring enough. But, I do have confidence that the recruitment team are much more aware than me (and posters on here) as to where they need to strengthen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here