Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davy Propper: Record midfield signing from PSV - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even a fit Baldock would be a start :shrug:
One way or another there's been some serious delusion on NSC recently, and yet you can still be very pleased with yourself.

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's going to be very interesting to see the quality of this much needed striker. When you sign a creative midfielder who can create chances out of nothing, signing a top quality striker to play alongside Propper would just guarantee the best out of the both of them. This signing indicates we're going for a striker and I reckon it's going to be someone of a similar standard and of around the same price.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And that's where you're wrong. It is easy to find total wage bills. Here is one that shows our wage bill as 9th biggest in the division in 2013:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/da...p-club-accounts-profit-loss-and-the-wage-bill

And here we are in 11th place in 2015:
https://www.insidermedia.com/inside...ball-finance-championship-wage-bill-tops-500m

I don't know but [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] might be in a position to tell us how our wage bill has stacked up in those past 5 years?

So my point is that although we have signed the odd duffer, overall our record is superb - barely over the average in terms of wage bills, and yet consistently finishing in the top 6. Or are you arguing with that simply because we signed Chris O Grady and Elvis Manu?

Wage bill since TB took over as follows

BHAFC Wages Under TB.JPG

I'm expecting it to be close to £40 million for last season, and at least £75 million for the one we're about to commence.

Premier League Wages 2015-6 + PSG.JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Again.

Let's face it, our recruitment team must be one of the best in the business. We have finished in the top 6 of the Championship in 4 of the last 5 seasons, eventually going up - the absolute model of consistency. Sure, others have gone up and stayed up, but they've gambled to do so and it's paid off. For every Palace and Bournemouth there are several more clubs where overpaying just hasn't worked - notably Forest, Sheff Weds, Wolves and a fair few others.

We really haven't overpaid for anybody since we got to the Amex, with the possible exception of Craig MacKail-Smith, and even then there were others prepared to pay what we did.

What about Kemy? Whatever we paid for him was WAY too much!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
10 million ground improvements ? That eats into the budget surely ?

The ground improvements are reportedly c£5m and as EL P says above - the wage bill (all those new 4-5 year contracts) will be a hefty c £75m

Blimey. Not much left is there...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Overall our record is superb - barely over the average in terms of wage bills, and yet consistently finishing in the top 6.

@ElPres's figures for the Albion's wages are astonishing - £27m for 2015/16 and £40m estimated for 2016/17, with turnover of just £25m and £17m of other costs.

After Newcastle and Villa, we must have been right up there with clubs having the highest payroll costs in the Championship.

Unsustainable, but TB rolled the dice and won yet again.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
@ElPres's figures for the Albion's wages are astonishing - £27m for 2015/16 and £40m estimated for 2016/17, with turnover of just £25m and £17m of other costs.

After Newcastle and Villa, we must have been right up there with clubs having the highest payroll costs in the Championship.

Unsustainable, but TB rolled the dice and won yet again.

Our wage bill was estimated to be the ninth highest in the Championship last season and TB said the same today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The ground improvements are reportedly c£5m and as EL P says above - the wage bill (all those new 4-5 year contracts) will be a hefty c £75m

Blimey. Not much left is there...

£130m turnover
Less
£17m other costs including £5m depreciation
£75m payroll
£5m improvements (capitalised, so not an immediate cost, but spent immediately in cash flow terms)

Leaves £33m for net player trading, assuming a break even position is budgeted for.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's not forget all the money the club will raise from this promotion.

We can't be told about 'multi-national companies marauding to Falmer, waving their cheque books' and 'spending considerably less than £100m has left them brasic'.

Plenty more big spending to come, inc the one we're all waiting for.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just watched video.
Q: How do you know Danny Holla?

A: Because he's Dutch :facepalm:

Q: What do you know about the decline in Dutch football?

A: Probably as much as the decline in British journalists asking stupid fecking questions.

Held himself well in answering the questions :thumbsup:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
£130m turnover
Less
£17m other costs including £5m depreciation
£75m payroll
£5m improvements (capitalised, so not an immediate cost, but spent immediately in cash flow terms)

Leaves £33m for net player trading, assuming a break even position is budgeted for.

Of which £22 million has already been paid out. Obviously allowing for amortisation alters that figure somewhat

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Of which £22 million has already been paid out. Obviously allowing for amortisation alters that figure somewhat

My £33m is a mix of:
1. Profit or loss on player contracts terminating early (players sold); and
2. Year one amortisation charge of NEW player fees.

Existing player fee amortisation charges are already built into the £17m other costs figure.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
ok then, I've seen the picture of him holding up the shirt. I'm quite happy with him signing although I have reservations about some of the reports of him being a bit of a sulky pants. We'll see but he could be a marmite man. Luckily, I like marmite:)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Any Dutch speakers on here ?

the quote in the tweet is something like "I would have liked to have gone out with European football at PSV"

[tweet]894622533558861824[/tweet]

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
ok then, I've seen the picture of him holding up the shirt. I'm quite happy with him signing although I have reservations about some of the reports of him being a bit of a sulky pants. We'll see but he could be a marmite man. Luckily, I like marmite:)
Surely you should either love it or hate it

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here