Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***County Championship Division 2, Sussex v Worcestershire, New Road, 6-9 August***

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Thats a nice sight to come back to - they are close to avoiding the follow on

Worcestershire trail Sussex by 264 runs with 4 wickets remaining

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Oh is that what he's doing. That is a shame, but I guess he's got to look after himself with the WI in such a shambles.

Jofra's a mate of mine, and he will opt for England over the West Indies. He'd probably make the West Indies tour of England this year if he'd of picked them. It'll only be a matter of time before the IPL comes calling, and his Sussex appearances dry up. Great player, and will only get better.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Query for those ITK: is there anything stopping Ross Taylor from playing in the CC (if he wanted to that is)? I know he's registered for T20 but does his registration only apply to that competition or could he play in others? He'd be a handy stand-in with Luke Wright out

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I support England but great shame for West Indian cricket he doesnt want to play for his country. Its a joke you can play for England after living here a few years.
Havent got a great deal of time for top footballers but with very few exceptions they travel all over world playing for there country.. In so many cases with no chance of success

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Havent got a great deal of time for top footballers but with very few exceptions they travel all over world playing for there country.. In so many cases with no chance of success

You're not comparing like with like: top footballers can play in whatever league they want, cricketers can't. If Archer wasn't qualifying for England and played for the Windies he'd be an overseas player and may struggle to get into a team - would he have replaced Philander in the early part of the season? I doubt it.

If you told Suarez, say, that to continue playing for Barca, he'd have to renounce his nationality and become Spanish or go back to Uruguay and play in their league, I wonder if he'd be so patriotic.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Query for those ITK: is there anything stopping Ross Taylor from playing in the CC (if he wanted to that is)? I know he's registered for T20 but does his registration only apply to that competition or could he play in others? He'd be a handy stand-in with Luke Wright out

He has on previous seasons played all formats, so not sure its about registration. Are Wiese and Van Z classed as overseas now or Kolpack. I assume he may only play 20 20 around the world so is only here for this part of the season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It's a money thing. Wiese and SVZ are kolpaks but expensive (for us) so we couldn't afford to pay Taylor to play in the CC as well as the T20

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just back from Worcester, played well today although let them off the hook a little. Be nice to clean them up tomorrow - weather dependent.

Just back myself, feel we let them off the hook a bit and while some of our fielding was excellent some was awful, and Ben Brown's wicketkeeping wasn't the best either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a money thing. Wiese and SVZ are kolpaks but expensive (for us) so we couldn't afford to pay Taylor to play in the CC as well as the T20

Would he be expensive on a pay per game basis? I'm sure a deal could be negotiated for the odd match.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate if Archer played for West Indies he would be an overseas player. However once he was an international cricker whoever for, he would be very unlikely to be interested or allowed to play much other cricket. Plenty of counties would take Archer on as overseas player for all or part of season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I support England but great shame for West Indian cricket he doesnt want to play for his country. Its a joke you can play for England after living here a few years.

His Dad is English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here