Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Case didn't need to run. Very similar to Sheringham but obviously a different position, his class and experience meant he knew where to be and when and he expended the least energy possible to be there.
    OK. He was such hot property at the time that he was previously playing for Sittingbourne.
    Last edited by Wellesley; 06-08-2017 at 15:37.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
      He didn't break sweat because he couldn't run. The game used to pass him by. He would try and act hard still but he couldn't catch anyone! Still, you remember him with your tinted specs on. Brilliant first time round, second time a sorry shadow of his former self.
      He was still very effective on his return, hence are much improved form under Liam Brady in the 93/94 season. He made a huge difference and was a major influence on the team.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A close friend was a professional at the time from 82-84, he has told me a million stories of those days, but he always says never underestimate just how good they were, some genuinely international class, something that we have not yet got to even today, but perhaps we will find some this season, also they were nearly self managing something that he assures me is missing in todays game, these players were tough uncompromising and the dressing room was full of leaders, it didnt always make for an easy ride for team mates, coaches or even managers but I quite like that, but they certainly enjoyed a night out that's for sure, nothing much happened without Fozzies permission.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      A close friend was a professional at the time from 82-84, he has told me a million stories of those days, but he always says never underestimate just how good they were, some genuinely international class, something that we have not yet got to even today, but perhaps we will find some this season, also they were nearly self managing something that he assures me is missing in todays game, these players were tough uncompromising and the dressing room was full of leaders, it didnt always make for an easy ride for team mates, coaches or even managers but I quite like that, but they certainly enjoyed a night out that's for sure, nothing much happened without Fozzies permission.
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations 2016-17

Albion U-18s: A Review of the 2016-17 Season

Albion U-23s: Review of the Season - 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      I think, but I may be wrong, that it is the cleverest quip I've ever seen on NSC.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Great player, just a shame he had to blot his copy book with his ridiculous takeover attempt aided by his very dodgy business partner.
      At least he was trying to do something!
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I remember the return of Case fondly. My god, he was a dirty *******. I recall watching him very carefully one game, because he was clearly up to mischief that was going way under the radar. At one point he kicked a long pass, and as all eyes followed the ball, he smoothly pirouetted and kicked the opposition player sligtly behind him, to his left. I swear only 3 people saw it; Case, the bloke left on the grass, and me
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      I had no idea he still lived in Brighton or that he was still a fan of the club!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      I remember the return of Case fondly. My god, he was a dirty *******. I recall watching him very carefully one game, because he was clearly up to mischief that was going way under the radar. At one point he kicked a long pass, and as all eyes followed the ball, he smoothly pirouetted and kicked the opposition player sligtly behind him, to his left. I swear only 3 people saw it; Case, the bloke left on the grass, and me
      He's such a placid bloke, though. One of the easiest interviewees. Has a pretty low stress threshold, hence giving up management. Think he left all his aggression on the pitch
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
      I'd say Shane Duffy is the closest to Fozzie we've had since his heyday. Get past him on the ground and that was the end of it, but he'd smash through a brick wall to win a header. Great at what he did and a really commanding leader.
      Nah, Guy Butters [the Tank] was better in the air - won everything ....
      On the floor, he'd only ever be first to a KFC bargain bucket ....
      Dodge, Can I have a word? Don Tmatter's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Excellent article, couldn't see a single discrepancy either.
      Thru thick & thin, we'll support you evermore