Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    He used to be at the bar at Coral's Squash club during his first stint. Friend of mine was the manager. Great drinking place then. Allegedly he once mistook one of the squash courts for the toilets.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      An enjoyable read and a trip down memory lane. Thank you.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I still chuckle at the memory of him deliberately standing on Paul Walsh's ankle early in a game against Portsmouth, thus eliminating (he went off injured) the threat of their best player. He could be nasty when required!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      Agreed, I still haven't got over when he nicked my crisps at my school quiz night, years back
      that's funny! thanks

1 Not allowed!
      My mate's mum wrote a letter to the club complaining about his repeated loud swearing in front of the South Stand. Got a reply from Bellotti saying it would be resolved. Can't decide whether Bellotti would have loved doing that or wouldn't have had the guts. Probably called Fozzie in, shat it at the last moment and started looking down and drawing a stadium plan on the back of a Rizla.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
      "Still a fan, Foster says: 'This is a proper football town, people donít realise that'"

This wins it for me.
      Me too. Great memories of the man.

TNBA

TTF
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Banana View Post
      My mate's mum wrote a letter to the club complaining about his repeated loud swearing in front of the South Stand. Got a reply from Bellotti saying it would be resolved. Can't decide whether Bellotti would have loved doing that or wouldn't have had the guts. Probably called Fozzie in, shat it at the last moment and started looking down and drawing a stadium plan on the back of a Rizla.
      Must have had no lead in his pencil the c***, unless he was drawing Toys'r'Us shop.

Edited as I'm hungover and missed your 'up in smoke' line. Apologies but at least I'm right in what he is.
      Last edited by knocky1; 06-08-2017 at 12:39.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
      Foster was excellent on his return but Case was way off the pace and embarrassing to watch.
      Nope. Case would run the midfield on his return without having to break sweat. He'd sit in the middle and spray passes around, landing on a sixpence.
      The Albion Roar

Join Ady & Al for your mildly intelligent fix of Albion-related punditry every Saturday at 12pm on Radio Reverb 97.2FM, online at www.radioreverb.com or on DAB. Listen to the podcast via AudioBoom - https://audioboom.com/channel/albion-roar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Albion Roar View Post
      Nope. Case would run the midfield on his return without having to break sweat. He'd sit in the middle and spray passes around, landing on a sixpence.
      He didn't break sweat because he couldn't run. The game used to pass him by. He would try and act hard still but he couldn't catch anyone! Still, you remember him with your tinted specs on. Brilliant first time round, second time a sorry shadow of his former self.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wellesley View Post
      He didn't break sweat because he couldn't run. The game used to pass him by. He would try and act hard still but he couldn't catch anyone! Still, you remember him with your tinted specs on. Brilliant first time round, second time a sorry shadow of his former self.
      Case didn't need to run. Very similar to Sheringham but obviously a different position, his class and experience meant he knew where to be and when and he expended the least energy possible to be there.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hillian1 View Post
      Amazed he didn't get more England caps to be honest.
      He would these days. Unfortunately for him England had a lot of decent centre halves to choose from. The league that was dominated by English players.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.