Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It'd be the kind of dream one wakes up from with wet sheets, but not is a good way, and scared to go back to sleep again in case it carries on from where it left off.

or it's the kind of dream one wakes up from and realises is actually true! You'll be in such shock, your voice will actually sound identical to Sean Dyche's. The bed sheets will go from a light yellow tinge to a dark brown in just a matter of seconds into waking up. Even when you try to fall back asleep, the new smell of your bed-sheets will keep making you think you're already at Turf Moor.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

This is starting to feel very familiar.

stephens.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dyche in his goth days. Explains the voice as well. This must have been when they signed Chris Eagles. At least it's not the typical shirt-held-in-the-air shot.

No no! Dyche is post-op transgender (F to M). If I were in the same boat, the first thing I'd do would be to grow a bristly goatee (perfectly trimmed of course, old bush-trimming habits never die) and pitch the voice at number eleven on the butchness scale, and indeed positively revel in the male pattern baldness. I thought everyone could see that? :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that I may posted this remark on another thread by mistake but is Wood better than we have at the moment? I am not sure that he is.to warrant spending £12m

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that I may posted this remark on another thread by mistake but is Wood better than we have at the moment? I am not sure that he is.to warrant spending £12m

Yes you did, you silly old sausage. How the fck did you manage that? :facepalm::lolol:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Clearly not, but unfortunately there's a premium for English players for some bizarre reason (detriment to our national team, as we'll look elsewhere) remove the premium and the price is probably realistically £6/7 Million, which is still expensive but coming off a great season for him.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Clearly not, but unfortunately there's a premium for English players for some bizarre reason (detriment to our national team, as we'll look elsewhere) remove the premium and the price is probably realistically £6/7 Million, which is still expensive but coming off a great season for him.

So, why is there a premium for Chris Wood?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm a bit concerned about Chris Wood's ability to last the season. He didn't have a very long summer break as he played for New Zealand's Confederations Cup in the summer. Ability wise he'd be a good long-term prospect though.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Chris Wood is not English...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

Chris Wood is not English...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theboybilly

I've never seen Wood have a decent game for Leeds against us. He only scored 2 at Elland Road because of the makeshift defence he was up against. He is lightweight - any robust defender will outmuscle him every time. Duffy would have had an easy game that day had he been fit

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've never seen Wood have a decent game for Leeds against us. He only scored 2 at Elland Road because of the makeshift defence he was up against. He is lightweight - any robust defender will outmuscle him every time. Duffy would have had an easy game that day had he been fit
Sure, but he was superb against us for Millwall a few seasons ago. Scored twice, including a beauty from the edge of the area after CMS let a simple throw in bounce off his shin six feet away :)rolleyes:) to Wood who turned and bent it into the top corner.

He was also decent FOR us when he came here on loan. That said, I don't think he's what we're looking for. Good in the air, decent at holding the ball up, knows where the goals is - but not pacy or mobile enough to play up top on his own at this level.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Probably the worst description of Chris Wood you'll ever see.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wood, does not really fit the bill of Pace that CH mentioned when talking of forward players recently.

Despite the obvious weaknesses to his game, he clearly knows where the net is. I suspect hes not high up our list but you dont score that amount of goals playing up front on your own and not be a decent player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here