Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

Withdean Chappy

Jul 21, 2017
Westdean
Rather hope we can get better than Wood to be honest, A good player I've always liked but not what we need. We need pace up top.

We have to accept that top players are not going to be bursting to play for us,most football writers are indicating that we are going to be relegated,so we need good quality players who hopefully will keep us above the relegation zone,its not going to be pretty but we must face facts

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know we have the potential of signing the flairiest summer transfer of all the Premier League.

A Colombian forward, from Holland, with pace to burn, an eye for goal, and a touch of the showman.

I know I'm being the selfishest kid at Christmas.
I know it's wrong to ask for more, but I just can't help myself.

Even before the grim reality of money sets in, Chris Wood just doesn't do it for me. (A fact I'm sure he's ecstatic about)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

What's the problem?

He's clearly better than what we have - the whole quote explaining, but not good enough to justify the difference in money.

Chris Wood just doesn't do it for me - the whole quote explaining my selfish desire to want even more 'flair' certainly more flair than 6 ft 3 in of New Zealand lumbering about the place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know we have the potential of signing the flairiest summer transfer of all the Premier League.

A Colombian forward, from Holland, with pace to burn, an eye for goal, and a touch of the showman.

I know I'm being the selfishest kid at Christmas.
I know it's wrong to ask for more, but I just can't help myself.

Even before the grim reality of money sets in, Chris Wood just doesn't do it for me. (A fact I'm sure he's ecstatic about)

100% with you on this. Fact is Chris Wood WOULD improve us upfront imo but I really hope we have someone a bit more inspiring lined up. Would also be good if it was someone who doesn't look like he has just smelt a shit as a natural facial expression.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What's the problem?

He's clearly better than what we have - the whole quote explaining, but not good enough to justify the difference in money.

Chris Wood just doesn't do it for me - the whole quote explaining my selfish desire to want even more 'flair' certainly more flair than 6 ft 3 in of New Zealand lumbering about the place.

This. He's a 25 year old version and an upgrade on Hemed, but lacks the overall play and abilities of many other strikers.

We're crying out for pace and mobility up front. Wood has strengths, but not that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. He's a 25 year old version and an upgrade on Hemed, but lacks the overall play and abilities of many other strikers.

We're crying out for pace and mobility up front. Wood has strengths, but not that.
If it were possible to 'stockpile' the position of big lad up front, the club ought to buy him now.
One way or another they'll need him next season, by which time he'll be worth even more money, just because of his 'new' contract.
The team just doesn't need him now, most definitely not for £XX millions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
. Would also be good if it was someone who doesn't look like he has just smelt a shit as a natural facial expression.
I expect that to change now he knows I'm not into him. :lol:

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
If you offset Woods fee by what you would recoup from the sale of Hemed then its a sound piece of business. If there are better players than our existing ones then surely it makes sense to strengthen our squad. I like Hemed but being all sentimental is not going to score us goals. The only question you need to ask yourselves is, is Wood an improvement to Hemed?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you offset Woods fee by what you would recoup from the sale of Hemed then its a sound piece of business. If there are better players than our existing ones then surely it makes sense to strengthen our squad. I like Hemed but being all sentimental is not going to score us goals. The only question you need to ask yourselves is, is Wood an improvement to Hemed?

How much do you reckon we would GET, not ask for, in the case of Hemed?

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Quite a significant improvement!!!

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
How much do you reckon we would GET, not ask for, in the case of Hemed?

I think realistically we could get 5-6 million for Hemed in this market, maybe a touch more. His goal scoring record in the championship is pretty good! That would place the difference for Wood around 9 million which would be about right! We've made a profit on Hemed, Leeds make a bigger profit on Wood, and right so given his age and the season he's had. We've got a like for like player but whose more prolific.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think realistically we could get 5-6 million for Hemed in this market, maybe a touch more. His goal scoring record in the championship is pretty good! That would place the difference for Wood around 9 million which would be about right! We've made a profit on Hemed, Leeds make a bigger profit on Wood, and right so given his age and the season he's had. We've got a like for like player but whose more prolific.

Not sure he is £9m more prolific

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Chris Wood does it for me

Not a popular mindset judging from the posts so far but I'm with you on that. A far better option than Hemed IMHO and unless we've got someone else lined up - that we've not so far speculated on - then let's 'ave 'im.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we sign Wood I bet it wouldn't take long for people to start getting on his back, and it would be the same people who are desperate to get rid of Hemed .

My flabber is agast by the amount of posters wanting to offload Tomer, utter madness.
That is until such time as all 25 places are full and player X is surprisingly made available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here