Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
For £12 million we could probably get Len and Ashley Barnes back and a lot of people won't agree with me but it would give me more faith than Chris Wood!

I still think it will be someone under the radar before next weekend

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suspect that we'll need to a play counter attacking style, we're going to be out footballed this season. A fast striker is pretty much essential to that working and whilst Wood is a good "bull in a china shop" type player he's not quick. Unfortunately Hemed and Murray aren't exactly greyhounds either.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It also mentions Nahki Wells, I would be mightly pissed off with that one.

Wagner stated on the Hudds website that he was not sure what will happen to Wells. Wagner said, he requires surgery this week to remove a screw from his ankle that is giving some pain from an ankle operation carried out about six weeks ago.So I can't believe this story.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whilst Wood is unproven in the PL, it may be a signing that pays off in keeping us safe. If he doesn't score enough goals to do that, at least we know we have an excellent Championship striker if the worst happens!

All this of course assuming the alleged interest has any substance in it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If this were to happen, although I can't see it myself, it would confirm my gut feeling that CH isn't prepared to to make any marquee signings from abroad.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's like looking forward to your holiday all year only to find out when you get there, your hotel is still under construction.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
If this were to happen, although I can't see it myself, it would confirm my gut feeling that CH isn't prepared to to make any marquee signings from abroad.

Still gun shy after that expensive fella failed at Norwich you reckon?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still gun shy after that expensive fella failed at Norwich you reckon?
Yonks ago someone posted a thread listing all of CH's transfer dealings, that was the underling theme.

So much so in fact the signing of Ricky Van Winkie looked like someone else made it, although we all know CH is far to classy to say so.

Knockaert, Skalak, Gross and Suttner (amazingly) are loose change signings.
Ryan so far is the outlier, but then again the argument can be made he's someone else's signing if Roberts really really wanted him. (see above)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ that would be a waste of money and I'm sure it's rubbish anyway.Don't like spending big on what is likely to be a one off great season in the championship.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Won't happen. Leeds will want more than we are prepared to pay. He's pivotal to their chances of getting promoted, and they are really going for it this season.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Nope, I just can't comment again. Life's far too short to get into a slanging match with those of you who want wake up with wood:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here