Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Please say No, Naylor.
I suspect in this case he won't.... typical, we are linked to an efficient but overrated lower league striker and boom, it's a YES.... how underwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes please and, frankly, i think in todays market, £12m would be a EXTREMELY reasonable price compared to what Leeds could justifiably hold out for

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought the club was after someone quicker and more mobile? We have Murray and Hemed as the two big strikers, Wood is too similar to what we've got unless the intention is to let Hemed go and sign two strikers.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Surprised at the negativity on this one, young, strong striker coming into his prime. Good finisher will be worth 15 a season minimum with our service if he stays injury free.

Could be the difference between staying up and being relegated.

I do wonder sometimes who people on here are expecting us to sign...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I thought the club was after someone quicker and more mobile? We have Murray and Hemed as the two big strikers, Wood is too similar to what we've got unless the intention is to let Hemed go and sign two strikers.

Could be the answer, take 4-5m for Hemed softens the blow on the cash for Wood. Have a feeling Leeds will hold out for £15m

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I tend to agree, if Wood was to come in then I think Hemed might be going the other way

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Surprised at the negativity on this one, young, strong striker coming into his prime. Good finisher will be worth 15 a season minimum with our service if he stays injury free.

Could be the difference between staying up and being relegated.

I do wonder sometimes who people on here are expecting us to sign...

He's never played in the Premier League. West Brom had him for three years sending him out on loan to various clubs, until deciding he wasn't good enough for them.
Hemed hasn't played in the Premier League either, but has scored frequently at international level. He deserves his chance.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
If this were to happen surely it would be the end for Hemed?

A strike force of Wood, Murray, Baldock and another quick striker would be excellent business in my opinion. Having said that, I do like Hemed; I'm just not sure he will thrive at the top level.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wood, Murray, Hemed and Baldock ( and Brown ) isn't a strikeforce that will keep us in the Premier League.

:nono:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
He's never played in the Premier League. West Brom had him for three years sending him out on loan to various clubs, until deciding he wasn't good enough for them.
Hemed hasn't played in the Premier League either, but has scored frequently at international level. He deserves his chance.

Didn't he play in the Premier League for Leicester? Seem to remember he was shipped out on loan halfway through the season as Leo was much better than him. Will really despair at the lack of ambition if we sign a championship standard striker to be our leading marksman.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good, proven striker at championship level, I'm just not sure he has what it takes at a higher level.

He was also very young when he was with us before, maybe he's matured a bit now........

Fence for me. Think we should be looking for better.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't he play in the Premier League for Leicester? Seem to remember he was shipped out on loan halfway through the season as Leo was much better than him. Will really despair at the lack of ambition if we sign a championship standard striker to be our leading marksman.

You're probably right. I thought it was when Leicester were still in the Championship. You are right in that Leo was better than him.

As most can see, I am not a fan of Mr Stroppy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Could be the answer, take 4-5m for Hemed softens the blow on the cash for Wood. Have a feeling Leeds will hold out for £15m

I suspect they will want more. Assombalonga cost Boro £15m and he's not as good as Wood. Leeds have also spent a lot themselves this summer under their new owner.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017

Agree Hemed deserves a chance. But it surprises why anyone would write off Wood. He was about 21 when he left West Brom. Surely it's clear to see he has improved a lot during this time, as you would hope from a player. I'm sure he wasn't good enough for the premier league a few years ago, but it's hard to suggest he isn't now after 30 goals last season!

Would be surprised if he only cost £12m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here