Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Watch his goals - very few under pressure from a defender. As been mentioned before Wood is a poacher (ie tap-ins, one-on-ones or penalties) He is plainly not a Shearer or Duncan Ferguson

I think you should actually. For someone of his size, he is remarkably skilled at creating space in and around the 18 yard box. He is rarely bullied off the ball in those situations anyway. Textbook header for his first up there last season, outjumping his man.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Must be a lucid dream?

vanilla-sky-3.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I wonder how excited this board would be if in an alternate universe we were about to sign , for a few million quid. a proven premier league striker who had also scored 60 goals in his last 2 seasons in the Champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder how excited this board would be if in an alternate universe we were about to sign , for a few million quid. a proven premier league striker who had also scored 60 goals in his last 2 seasons in the Champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proven Premier League player? He played a few times for Leicester, but he's played most of his career in the Championship and League 1.

Love him or hate him, he would do a job. He is a proven goal scorer (at Championship level admittedly), he's good with his feet, and in the air. His fitness levels are good, and he makes a real nuisance of himself. I think he would be a good player to have in the squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Love him or hate him, he would do a job. He is a proven goal scorer (at Championship level admittedly), he's good with his feet, and in the air. His fitness levels are good, and he makes a real nuisance of himself. I think he would be a good player to have in the squad.

As I have said I do not think he is any better than we have and we need to be signing players who are better not equal to what we have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On this occasion I think you are wrong. He is significantly better than what we have and would complement our wingforce.

£12m better? I would say fractionally but I am hopeful that Gross Propper and Izquierdo will begin to put in the crosses to pick out who ever is up front, preferably Murray as he is better in the air at attacking the headers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's clearly better than what we have, any fool can see that.
I just don't see him as being £15-£20m x better.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
On this occasion I think you are wrong. He is significantly better than what we have and would complement our wingforce.

Have to say I agree with BensGrandad on this one. If Chris Wood is the answer I fear the club have got the question woefully wrong.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is no better than Murray. Totally unproven at any level above Championship. Would be a massive gamble, in a position which will ultimately decide our fate...No thanks, not for that money.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Rather hope we can get better than Wood to be honest, A good player I've always liked but not what we need. We need pace up top.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Have to say I agree with BensGrandad on this one. If Chris Wood is the answer I fear the club have got the question woefully wrong.

Yet there seems to be little evidence that the club think Chris Wood is the answer. I dont see why people are even wasting ime thinking about it

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
How good is in-demand Leeds United striker Chris Wood?

Thirty goals in all competitions. And now a big-money Premier League transfer target. Leeds striker Chris Wood is hot property right now.

Burnley have had a £12m offer turned down, with Sky sources saying Leeds have also rejected a £16m bid from another Premier League side.

So how much would it take to sign Wood? Could he break Darren Bent's record Championship sale from Charlton to Tottenham for £16.5million? And is he worth the money? We take a look.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-is-in-demand-leeds-united-striker-chris-wood

Last paragraph:

It's easy to see why Leeds are so keen to keep Wood. They have already rejected an offer of £16m, but will they be able to resist if the money goes past £20m?

The 25-year-old is rated at 6/4 by Sky Bet to join Burnley before the end of the transfer window, and his odds to stay at Leeds are 4/7. A move to Huddersfield is a 14/1 shot, and he is 18/1 to end up at West Brom or Stoke.

Whatever happens next, it's clear why Wood is in-demand. It's surely only a matter of time until he makes the step up to the Premier League.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here