Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farmers Lancing

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just moved to Lancing, what's less of a dive? Monk or Farmers?

Depends what your looking for a drink or a fight? If you want somewhere for a quiet drink forget them both, If you want a fight take your pick. It's time we had a decent pub in Lancing to be honest.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
a

the monk had a makeover around a year ago,farmers has problems but Michelle who runs it now is trying to turn it around,I would join the empire,15 quid to join or 35 for family,cheap beer,3 decent 🎱 tables and plenty on weekends

Is the British Legion club any good these days? My late father used to drink in the Legion and occasionally the Empire club.
I went in the Legion a few times with him but this was over 20 years ago.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Most people who slate Lancing do not actually live in Lancing, it really isnt a bad place to live. Your going to get rough/ clicky pubs where ever you go and where else can you walk from the seafront to the downs in 20 mintutes

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Stanley pub in Lancing as others have said is an ok pub quite frendly plus nice Itailian resturants next door

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Most people who slate Lancing do not actually live in Lancing, it really isnt a bad place to live. Your going to get rough/ clicky pubs where ever you go and where else can you walk from the seafront to the downs in 20 mintutes

True, moved over this way years ago from Southwick and love it here, do live in North Lancing mind...three minute walk to downs from my house or five min drive to the beach and my beach hut, Nice beach there with kite surfers to watch most days. Big love for the Albion here too.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

Lancing is ok, I have many friends there and it is Albion through and through.
Anyone slating it is a snob.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
the monk had a makeover around a year ago,farmers has problems but Michelle who runs it now is trying to turn it around,I would join the empire,15 quid to join or 35 for family,cheap beer,3 decent 🎱 tables and plenty on weekends

Cheers for the heads up. I've just moved in down Freshbrook Road. Had sort of been told by friends/family that both the Railway/Monk & the Farmers were very cliquey and the sort of place where I might find myself getting grief, especially as I'm Shoreham born & raised.

Does the empire not suffer from the same, "he's not a regular" type thing? Might have to look in to if not.

Lancing is ok, I have many friends there and it is Albion through and through.
Anyone slating it is a snob.

To be fair, I've lived there a couple of weeks now, and whilst it's quite the culture shock after living in Shoreham, I actually quite like it. It's quite nice walking down a high-street which doesn't go Barbers, Poncy Coffee Shop, Barbers, Poncy Coffee Shop, Charity Shop, Poncy Coffee Shop. I've got three bookies, a tonne of takeaways, a couple of (questionable) pubs & transport links & a supermarket all in walking distance. As a lager lout in my early 20's it's a prime location once the pub situation is sorted.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My dad (and a friends dad) worked there too, from 70's to 2000's with Thomson in Crawley. Used to love 'open days' driving tank simulator (broke it..) Nimrod, Jaguar's (allegedly better than the Kuwaiti's who were training at the time)

Yeah, was fun. They would send me to sites over the globe. I worked in Dallas for a few months at a flight simulator centre and had my pick of 14 full-size simulators to play with. I did a long stint in Holland working on tank simulators.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
Lancing is alright. Moved there about 8 months ago now and it does what it needs to do, it's more the people which give Lancing a bad name. For example the woman who's so fat goes around on her mobility scooter, fag in her mouth taking her boy off to school, leaves a little to be desired.

Been in the Railway (Monk) several times, admittedly not realising that it had anything to do with Palace, probably too young to remember it being a proper dump. But the food in there is pretty decent and seems relatively ok. Went in the Farmers for the first time a couple of weeks ago and seemed ok, albeit I was a bit pissed at the time, but came out with all limbs attached.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Come on people, this is BHA territory, let's not be slagging off our own 'manor'
True. Have lived in Lancing nearly 40 yrs. Of course it has changed as have a lot of other towns and cities over the years and sometimes not for the best.
Best bet for a decent drink in Lancing. The Stanley Ale house. North road north of the station.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Most people who slate Lancing do not actually live in Lancing, it really isnt a bad place to live. Your going to get rough/ clicky pubs where ever you go and where else can you walk from the seafront to the downs in 20 mintutes[/QUOTE]

Shoreham. But anyway I like Lancing, it's a bit of an inbetween town but it's not without it's merits.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Be nice to Lancing, as others have said, it's always been hardcore Albion through and through. On that score, shocked to hear The Monk / Railway is now Palace! Many a time that pub saw off the likes of Pompey, Southampton, Bournemouth who were daft enough to get off for a pre-match ruck there (they had to close the whole railway line before a Southampton FA Cup game as Lancing's finest ran the Scummers along the tracks).

When I was growing up in Lancing it was always the 3 Horseshoes for me. Now The Stanley or Crabtree when I visit. The Spitfire Bar in The Crabtree is good if you fancy a quieter pint btw. Only been in The Farmers once in the last few years and it was dire. Interestingly, when my grandparents retired to Lancing from London it was the place to go, had a very good rep. The 3 Horseshoes / New Sussex is ok but again not a patch on the pub it was in the 80's and 90's when Dave was running it. Back then it was the place to go all night on Friday and before you went to Worthing or Brighton on a Saturday. I even got my leg smashed to bits playing for their Sunday football team. End of a very (un)promising career!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Is the British Legion club any good these days? My late father used to drink in the Legion and occasionally the Empire club.
I went in the Legion a few times with him but this was over 20 years ago.

Don't very often visit,only party's if I'm honest

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
No empire is a friendly club for all ages including family,as many have said on here,the people that slagged of lancing are outsiders,and if you can name me a town as big as lancing I'm pretty sure I could find a rough ish pub.
Plenty of bha too,and I don't mean jcls,proper lads that have supported them home and away through the shit times,so Deffo albion territory

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No empire is a friendly club for all ages including family,as many have said on here,the people that slagged of lancing are outsiders,and if you can name me a town as big as lancing I'm pretty sure I could find a rough ish pub.
Plenty of bha too,and I don't mean jcls,proper lads that have supported them home and away through the shit times,so Deffo albion territory

Type of people that slag off Lancing probably haven't lived there, we get the same about Newhaven.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I lived there and still have family there..... Farmers, Monk and Crabtree have always been rough..... Empire even rougher.... 3 horseshoes was up and down.... the only proper pub which wasn't full of hooligans, was the Britannia, now a Harvester.

The Balltree and the Whippet were also rough.

Stanley is just passable, but does have good ales.

(I use their traditional names of course...)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I lived there and still have family there..... Farmers, Monk and Crabtree have always been rough..... Empire even rougher.... 3 horseshoes was up and down.... the only proper pub which wasn't full of hooligans, was the Britannia, now a Harvester.

The Balltree and the Whippet were also rough.

Stanley is just passable, but does have good ales.

(I use their traditional names of course...)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

my cousin was the landlord at the balltree for 3 years.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here