Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farmers Lancing

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oi! That was my local when I lived in Lancing! (King's Road). Nowt wrong with the Farmers, although like the Monk it could get a bit lively, especially when travellers turned up. Had many a good evening in there.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Oi! That was my local when I lived in Lancing! (King's Road). Nowt wrong with the Farmers, although like the Monk it could get a bit lively, especially when travellers turned up. Had many a good evening in there.

Sorry I've obviously lived a soft and sheltered life

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I'm away at moment and just came across this thread. Lived in Lancing for last 30 years and I do have to agree. The Farmers was a great pub years ago but I last went in there a couple of years ago full of idiots for want of a better word and did not know one person in there. Monk or now back to its original name Railway a bit different. You know what it is, local ok stranger a bit intimidating as Pompey found out years ago. Both pubs are now run by one manager who is a Palace fan.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The monk has been done up,the farmers has just been taken over so might change,don't drink in either as go in the empire club,cheap beer,�� and always someone I know in their,pubs like the farmers are everywhere,someone mentioned monks manager is palace,yes he is,reckons palaces ultras are going on there match day��������,be same outcome as pompey few years back

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Well that explains a lot then if manager is a palace fan ,they do have this knack of f**ckin* things up .

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
I was working at Singer Link Miles between '83 and '88 and had lunch there most days before a late shift. Seems like a long time ago .... well, it is.

My dad (and a friends dad) worked there too, from 70's to 2000's with Thomson in Crawley. Used to love 'open days' driving tank simulator (broke it..) Nimrod, Jaguar's (allegedly better than the Kuwaiti's who were training at the time)

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
If you want your ales the Stanley otherwise the Crabtree. Sussex (3 horseshoes) ok but find it a bit clique Empire the same and personally don't like clubs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Just moved to Lancing, what's less of a dive? Monk or Farmers?
a

the monk had a makeover around a year ago,farmers has problems but Michelle who runs it now is trying to turn it around,I would join the empire,15 quid to join or 35 for family,cheap beer,3 decent 🎱 tables and plenty on weekends

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The three horseshoes or the sussex as now known is ok too,just over from set tyres, again spent a lot on money and not so many Herberts now,the crab is ok,very pricey on beer,the harvester has a small bar area too,and micro pub in middle of town is decent

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I live nearby, haven't been in yet. Might have to go & see if I am capable of mingling with the locals. Seems like a lot of NSC are similar to the snob who does the Argus pub reviews.
It's a dump... as is the Palace run Railway... the Crabtree is just passable.... o my just mind....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Driving from coast road up to the A27 when Mrs M says "That looks nice from the outside. Shall we stop for a quick drink as I need the loo. Oh my goodness! Don't think I've ever come across such a hole before or such a collection of life's losers

I used to live opposite it 15 years ago. Glad you hear it hasn't changed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here