Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long season for Orient

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Saw them at Barrow yesterday. 2-2 in an entertaining game - 300 Orient fans making the trip north, which is pretty good really. Chatting to them on the train home it was clear that they thought that they would walk the league after relegation - and have been really surprised by the level of competitiveness they have encountered.

Not looking great for them really - and when you look at the league they're in, it's hardly 'non-league' with teams like Tranmere, Halifax, Aldershot, Hartlepool, Torquay, Wrexham - all stalwarts of the league set up for so long. It really does feel like a fifth division now.

Halifax aren't the club we played 20 years ago. They were dissolved in 2008 and a new club formed called FC Halifax.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They still play at the Shay though and it will be the same families supporting them. The change in name is just legal/financial. If you were a Halifax fan 20 years ago then you are a Halifax fan today.

Tell that to Crystal Palace 2010.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Saw them at Barrow yesterday. 2-2 in an entertaining game - 300 Orient fans making the trip north, which is pretty good really. Chatting to them on the train home it was clear that they thought that they would walk the league after relegation - and have been really surprised by the level of competitiveness they have encountered.

Not looking great for them really - and when you look at the league they're in, it's hardly 'non-league' with teams like Tranmere, Halifax, Aldershot, Hartlepool, Torquay, Wrexham - all stalwarts of the league set up for so long. It really does feel like a fifth division now.

It makes you wonder if the Conference will ever become a part of the Football League given the teams now residing there and how quite a few are full time nowadays

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
There was a time in the not so distant past when we had a mini rivalry with Orient and they featured quite heavily on NSC. Both clubs were in the 4th tier and languishing in the footballing wilderness with no money and similar levels of expectation. Interesting how our paths have separated in opposite directions so dramatically and it could so easily have been us getting smashed by Bromley. I almost feel sorry for them, almost.

We were in the same division only 6 years ago. I remember watching us batter them 5-0 at Withdean NYD 2011.

Frightening to think what can happen in such a short space of time. We're now plying our trade in the richest league in the world. Leyton Orient meanwhile are 16th in the National League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Now you mention it, I vaguely remember it. Was it the season they went down?
Yes. I think it was towards the end, their chairman suggested that as we were not financially viable or something (can't recall exactly), we should pay the penalty and take the drop whatever the final league position.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It makes you wonder if the Conference will ever become a part of the Football League given the teams now residing there and how quite a few are full time nowadays

Probably when the 'big six' clear off to form another greed league with Europe's finest. I would be more than happy to play the likes of Orient again. Maybe there would be less 'it's unfair' threads on NSC about away tickets ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Frightening to think what can happen in such a short space of time. We're now plying our trade in the richest league in the world. Leyton Orient meanwhile are 16th in the National League.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Karma is a wonderful thing....

Never forget & Never forgive their shitty fans and chairman, not forgetting Scott Mcglish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here