Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think there will be 1 goal in it.

Which way? I don't know.

Really looking forward to it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People forgetting it's fortress Amex. We won't lose there all season. We gonna win 2-1. Nailed on.

That's what we need, blind optimism and a complete refusal to look facts in the face.

Champions League here we come.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think there will be 1 goal in it.

Which way? I don't know.

Really looking forward to it.

I have a feeling that this is not an accident that this club has been chosen before facing a club like Man City in the 1st game of the season. This is a club which has players comparable to Man City. It's is about how to nullify good players and grind out a point. So I am going for a 0-0.

That said. The Man City first game is a home game and in the 2nd half we will try and take the points. It is, I think a training exercise for when we meet these teams away from home .

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Lose 1 - 2, but put in a good performance.
Hoping the atmosphere stays friendly, last run out so don't need more injuries.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I have a feeling that this is not an accident that this club has been chosen before facing a club like Man City in the 1st game of the season. This is a club which has players comparable to Man City. .

True, but doesn't do Atletico justice. As a team, they're far better in recent years than Man City have ever been up to now.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anything closer than a three-goal deficit would be a decent return, I think, assuming AM continue trying to score after securing a 2 goal lead. Recent champions league semi-finalists would have to be odds-on for a 3 goal margin over our current squad in a competitive game. It's possible that they'll ease up a bit not to rub too much salt into the wound though.

I'll go for a very comfortable 0-2.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm now in the position that a lot of you are in when we play Cup games! The result is obviously irrelevant - as is the performance as I don't want players busting a gut and getting injured in a meaningless match when we've bigger fish to fry. So we can't read anything into it.

No prediction, it's not worth making. I'm just pleased that Brighton and Hove Albion's final friendly before a Premier League season is a home game against Atletico Madrid in front of about 25-30,000. Didn't even dare to dream that whilst standing on the terraces at Priestfield.

"We've come a long long way together baby, through the hard times and the good", as somebody once sang.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am looking forward to it I hoping A Madrid will not be to fresh as they played in a tough preseason tournament.
I hoping Brighton will go out and play with the spirit we had last year.
It will strange that Stockdale won't be on the pitch however no player is bigger than the club.
Also getting used to lots more different kick off times.
Also the start of the away end bringing full virtual every home game nightmare getting into the coach park.
I'll take 1-1 or 2-2

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
0-0 we will barely get any shots away as their defence is godly, our defence will also be solid but Ryan will make some good saves but will be quite busy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm now in the position that a lot of you are in when we play Cup games! The result is obviously irrelevant - as is the performance as I don't want players busting a gut and getting injured in a meaningless match when we've bigger fish to fry. So we can't read anything into it.

No prediction, it's not worth making. I'm just pleased that Brighton and Hove Albion's final friendly before a Premier League season is a home game against Atletico Madrid in front of about 25-30,000. Didn't even dare to dream that whilst standing on the terraces at Priestfield.

"We've come a long long way together baby, through the hard times and the good", as somebody once sang.

Agree completly. I'm just going to enjoy it and hope that we come through unscathed. No shame in losing to one of the world's best teams and equally, if we were to win it, means nothing when it comes to next week. Just savour these happy times.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Quite like the new handy hint arrows to the whereabouts of the goal .

CZUw1AQWEAAZphH.jpg

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The main thing is that we show a solid defence. If we only lose by just 2 or 3 against one of the greatest teams on the planet, that puts us in very good stead for a fantastic PL season ahead. The :smile: dream-like journey, which we've waited for 34 years, starts tomorrow. Amazing days to be Albion fans.
I'd say no more than 2 goals! But I want a strong overall performance, win or lose - we won't win them all, but the most important thing is our fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here