Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Been in the Sussex Sea Since the July Sewage Fiasco?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i was back in sussex in june , i donned my swimmers and staggered across the pebbles to the murky liquid that lapped the shore .......i couldn't bring myself to immerse my feet in the potato soup looking substance that was masquerading as sea water.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Been in on 80% of the days since then. Never noticed anything worse than normal. Hove would have been 24 hours from that 4 hour 50 minute dumping of crap. Hopefully clear now. Southern should be fined and then we can pay through our water bills.

By Hove Lagoon yesterday a beautiful smell of oil and diesel blew in on the top of the waves. Apparently there is a rusty disused storage tank somewhere off the docks that leaks after certain storms.

Better than bleach, urine and faeces in the King Alfred.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmm... 3 weeks ago I was swimming at Camber . . . . lots of dogs frolicking in the water . . . put me off so I got out...on the drive home I started feeling ill.....

I slept most of the next 3 days, weak as a baby, but developed a lung infection (sea water inhaled?). I have been ill ever since; right lung severely congested, 'crackle' when exhaling; two different courses of antibiotic, chest x-ray . . . litres of muck coughed up . . . slowly on the mend now but determined to not swim on the 'quiet' beaches (where there are no restrictions on dogs) again.

Not saying its the dogs, obviously. I have no proof. However, as loony would say, I have evidence. I saw a dog so that is evidence.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Hmm... 3 weeks ago I was swimming at Camber . . . . lots of dogs frolicking in the water . . . put me off so I got out...on the drive home I started feeling ill.....

I slept most of the next 3 days, weak as a baby, but developed a lung infection (sea water inhaled?). I have been ill ever since; right lung severely congested, 'crackle' when exhaling; two different courses of antibiotic, chest x-ray . . . litres of muck coughed up . . . slowly on the mend now but determined to not swim on the 'quiet' beaches (where there are no restrictions on dogs) again.

Not saying its the dogs, obviously. I have no proof. However, as loony would say, I have evidence. I saw a dog so that is evidence.

But apart from that did you have a nice day?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Bloody hell! get well soon, I shall heed the warning. Thanks.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love dogs more than 99% of people but some dog owners really are deluded, selfish arse holes. Why would people thinks it's acceptable to let a dog piss all over a pavement or shit on a pavement? You can never clear it all up, always skidders left.
And you can train a dog to only piss or shit on grass, out of the way.
Turns my stomach when I cross Shoreham footbridge and I see shit smears or bright yellowey, green streams of dog piss running off the pole into my path. Disgusting.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I notice on Worthing beaches they have started putting up "No dogs" flags using their little beach buggy things, but they seem to vary the beaches. There seems to be no consistency at all on which beach to choose on a certain day

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I have swum off west beach at Littlehampton regularly throughout the summer so far - and my Newfoundland comes down and swims too. Haven't seen any sewage-based horrors.

Main town beach good but don't use the western end as the beach is a no dogs zone until Sept which is fine.

Fortunately we are to the west of that sewage outfall pipe at Lancing (and the one at Rustington) so we have the prevailing currents to protect us!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I wonder how the dogs were ???

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No it's been a godsend for me what with the high levels of oestrogen found in the water. I've started baking again and tidied up all the pantry rubbish.

Best to keep busy indoors darling, until the anti wrinkle cream has done it's job. I reccommend Estée Lauder revitalising Supreme + Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Creme

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have swum off west beach at Littlehampton regularly throughout the summer so far - and my Newfoundland comes down and swims too. Haven't seen any sewage-based horrors.

Main town beach good but don't use the western end as the beach is a no dogs zone until Sept which is fine.

Fortunately we are to the west of that sewage outfall pipe at Lancing (and the one at Rustington) so we have the prevailing currents to protect us!
Bad news, the prevailing current is East to West, wind will make little difference to that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bad news, the prevailing current is East to West, wind will make little difference to that.

The current varies with high and low water. Yesterday it was very strong West to East when swimming at 5pm. The poo will be floating backwards and forwards. http://montymariner.co.uk/tide-stream-charts/733-2/ Doesn't the force of the North Atlantic Drift dominate?

Whenever a body is lost after drowning in Brighton it seems to turn up beyond Rottingdean.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here