Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone Been in the Sussex Sea Since the July Sewage Fiasco?

0 Not allowed!
    The thought of getting up close and personal with one of HB&B's chocolate logs is still putting me off somewhat.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15412...outhern_Water/

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      i was back in sussex in june , i donned my swimmers and staggered across the pebbles to the murky liquid that lapped the shore .......i couldn't bring myself to immerse my feet in the potato soup looking substance that was masquerading as sea water.
      FLOUNDERING...!!!
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Been in on 80% of the days since then. Never noticed anything worse than normal. Hove would have been 24 hours from that 4 hour 50 minute dumping of crap. Hopefully clear now. Southern should be fined and then we can pay through our water bills.

By Hove Lagoon yesterday a beautiful smell of oil and diesel blew in on the top of the waves. Apparently there is a rusty disused storage tank somewhere off the docks that leaks after certain storms.

Better than bleach, urine and faeces in the King Alfred.
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The thought of getting up close and personal with one of HB&B's chocolate logs is still putting me off somewhat.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/15412...outhern_Water/
      Same. Can't build up any enthusiasm for it. I feel I'd just be going through the motions.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Hmm... 3 weeks ago I was swimming at Camber . . . . lots of dogs frolicking in the water . . . put me off so I got out...on the drive home I started feeling ill.....

I slept most of the next 3 days, weak as a baby, but developed a lung infection (sea water inhaled?). I have been ill ever since; right lung severely congested, 'crackle' when exhaling; two different courses of antibiotic, chest x-ray . . . litres of muck coughed up . . . slowly on the mend now but determined to not swim on the 'quiet' beaches (where there are no restrictions on dogs) again.

Not saying its the dogs, obviously. I have no proof. However, as loony would say, I have evidence. I saw a dog so that is evidence.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Hmm... 3 weeks ago I was swimming at Camber . . . . lots of dogs frolicking in the water . . . put me off so I got out...on the drive home I started feeling ill.....

I slept most of the next 3 days, weak as a baby, but developed a lung infection (sea water inhaled?). I have been ill ever since; right lung severely congested, 'crackle' when exhaling; two different courses of antibiotic, chest x-ray . . . litres of muck coughed up . . . slowly on the mend now but determined to not swim on the 'quiet' beaches (where there are no restrictions on dogs) again.

Not saying its the dogs, obviously. I have no proof. However, as loony would say, I have evidence. I saw a dog so that is evidence.
      But apart from that did you have a nice day?
      Old Truelove ain't too hard to find
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mune ni kamome View Post
      But apart from that did you have a nice day?
      It was lovely, thanks
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post

Bloody hell! get well soon, I shall heed the warning. Thanks.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

0 Not allowed!
      I love dogs more than 99% of people but some dog owners really are deluded, selfish arse holes. Why would people thinks it's acceptable to let a dog piss all over a pavement or shit on a pavement? You can never clear it all up, always skidders left.
      And you can train a dog to only piss or shit on grass, out of the way.
      Turns my stomach when I cross Shoreham footbridge and I see shit smears or bright yellowey, green streams of dog piss running off the pole into my path. Disgusting.
      Nearly.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Went in the sea. Didn't really swim, just went through the motions.
      Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single rail replacement bus service.