Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Park station getting closed.....again!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why on event days such as the bike ride, the marathon and tomorrow, Pride, do they shut down Preston Park station? It's very annoying and I'm intrigued as to the logic behind it.

D

Deleted User X18H

As a local my self his can be very frustrating, however the trick is to avoid arrange personal events that require the use of station on Marathon and Pride days. It's open for the bike ride usually. I think the reasoning is, large crowds, unmanned station and fast trains. In that order. The platforms are quite narrow. Reopen platform 4 I say.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As a local my self his can be very frustrating, however the trick is to avoid arrange personal events that require the use of station on Marathon and Pride days. It's open for the bike ride usually. I think the reasoning is, large crowds, unmanned station and fast trains. In that order. The platforms are quite narrow. Reopen platform 4 I say.

I see. I use the station for work and I need to go in tomorrow. Can't imagine busses are gonna be much use that way tomorrow either so I guess I'll have to bus into Brighton and walk. Ballache. Especially as it'll be alongside 10,000 people wearing sparkly hot pants, strap ons, off their mittens on exctasy pipes. Joy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why on event days such as the bike ride, the marathon and tomorrow, Pride, do they shut down Preston Park station? It's very annoying and I'm intrigued as to the logic behind it.

It used to open on marathon day but the exit from the platform down the steps is so narrow getting out took absolutely ages. No big deal walking from Brighton to be honest, probably doesn't take much longer in the end but the last couple of times I've either just got someone to drop me off on the Droveway before the road closure, or used a pals office car park near the start line (which obviously meant a longish walk back from the finish). Frustrating if you're a local though I'd imagine.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It used to open on marathon day but the exit from the platform down the steps is so narrow getting out took absolutely ages. No big deal walking from Brighton to be honest, probably doesn't take much longer in the end but the last couple of times I've either just got someone to drop me off on the Droveway before the road closure, or used a pals office car park near the start line (which obviously meant a longish walk back from the finish). Frustrating if you're a local though I'd imagine.

I get train to PP then walk to Patcham, walking from Brighton is a pain. Still, no choice tomorrow. I'm in West Sussex so it turns a half hour trip into an hour and a half ballache.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see. I use the station for work and I need to go in tomorrow. Can't imagine busses are gonna be much use that way tomorrow either so I guess I'll have to bus into Brighton and walk. Ballache. Especially as it'll be alongside 10,000 people wearing sparkly hot pants, strap ons, off their mittens on exctasy pipes. Joy.

Best dress similar so you can mingle with the crowd ..tell the boss its dress down Saturday....have some fun

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Also Preston Park station does not have any ticket barriers. So by diverting everyone to Brighton they're ensuring everyone has to buy a train ticket

Nope.

They're operating a queuing system not dissimilar to when the Albion are at home. To have the barriers functioning at Brighton tomorrow is a recipe for carnage.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I heard they're shutting the station due to fears of an attack from the infamous Preston Panther.

Apparently there's been a big rise in sightings in the last couple of months.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Yes. It's just two days a year. No big deal.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I get train to PP then walk to Patcham, walking from Brighton is a pain. Still, no choice tomorrow. I'm in West Sussex so it turns a half hour trip into an hour and a half ballache.
Sorry, I don't follow. It takes about 20 minutes to walk from Brighton station to Preston Park station. Won't it just add that time onto the journey?

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Makes you think how the little station coped when we were playing at Withdean !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here