Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber advises Albion fans to avoid illegal ticket scams...

D

Deleted member 2719

This, completely. Time for the club to raise their game and offer a fully functional ticket exchange. Other clubs seem to manage it easily enough.

But we are Premier ready.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Oh come on.

It happens at every club in the Premier League and isn't going to stop. We all know right from wrong in this and a Barber pronouncement isn't going to stop those who want scalp their tickets on secondary sites

And giving my season ticket to a mate to go when I'm on holiday is illegal too

But you're not profiting from it. Or getting loyalty points for premium matches later in the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There were 200 Man City tickets left on Tuesday. The ticket exchange won't kick in until they're all sold.

Why not? Huge numbers of STH and their families will be on their Summer holidays. Nobody's expecting very much other than some kind of mickey mouse reimbursement because it is a ST after all, but surely the club aren't daft enough to think there's not some kind of revenue to be generated where a STH can't attend a run-of-the-mill/downright dreary fixture they can't attend through being on holiday, on shifts, or any of a hundred other reasons. Maybe they should outsource the ticket exchange to NSC. That used to work perfectly well in The Withdean Years.

el punal

"It is also disappointing that fans, with the necessary loyalty points, have purchased tickets and chosen to offer them for re-sale, and, in some cases, over and above the face value price rather than attend the match to support the team.

“It appears that these individuals have no intention of attending the match, and have bought tickets simply to profiteer, gain loyalty points, or both. We would remind these individuals that the unauthorised sale or transfer of tickets to a football match is a criminal offence under UK law.

Plastic fans, the loyalty points should be on to who went to the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean also.

The plastic fan is making a mug out of the die hards.

I admire your stance, but what about those that attended the 1910 Charity Shield match against Aston Villa, surely they count?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Why not? Huge numbers of STH and their families will be on their Summer holidays. Nobody's expecting very much other than some kind of mickey mouse reimbursement because it is a ST after all, but surely the club aren't daft enough to think there's not some kind of revenue to be generated where a STH can't attend a run-of-the-mill/downright dreary fixture they can't attend through being on holiday, on shifts, or any of a hundred other reasons. Maybe they should outsource the ticket exchange to NSC. That used to work perfectly well in The Withdean Years.

Because, for rather obvious reasons, they would rather sell the tickets they don't have to give £25 of the revenue to the original ticket holder first?

D

Deleted member 2719

I admire your stance, but what about those that attended the 1910 Charity Shield match against Aston Villa, surely they count?

Thanks, but these fans would have been plastics turning up for the glory.

So maybe 1/2 a point and i would like to see their DOB before awarding those points.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Because there are still 200 tickets for sale (which may have sold by now) It was the same for the Bristol match, as soon as the saleable tickets were sold, the ticket exchange kicked in. I know because mine and my husband's tickets went through.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why don't the club buy a couple of tickets from the tout sites and see who's been a naughty boy?

I'm sure they will find out. Make enquiries as to which stand, then another one ask where the row is. It doesn't take much, and then grab the buyer when they turn up, and match the fan number who bought the original.

They did it for the Lincoln game, so it can be done.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because there are still 200 tickets for sale (which may have sold by now) It was the same for the Bristol match, as soon as the saleable tickets were sold, the ticket exchange kicked in. I know because mine and my husband's tickets went through.

My point is: when a STH knows for certain they cannot attend a game for whatever reason, they should have the option to officially surrender that match from their ST back to the club. STH then gets some kind of trivial amount back from the club, probably in the form of a club shop voucher, and the club gets to re-sell that seat full price, if they can. The alternative is that either the seat stays empty to nobody's advantage, or somebody fills that seat and no doubt buys merchandise and/or catering stuff. Either the club engages like adults on this matter, or life will go on as normal i.e. STH gives ST to trusted friends to pass on to trusted friends. Or the seat stays empty. Club's call really :shrug:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
My point is: when a STH knows for certain they cannot attend a game for whatever reason, they should have the option to officially surrender that match from their ST back to the club. STH then gets some kind of trivial amount back from the club, probably in the form of a club shop voucher, and the club gets to re-sell that seat full price, if they can. The alternative is that either the seat stays empty to nobody's advantage, or somebody fills that seat and no doubt buys merchandise and/or catering stuff. Either the club engages like adults on this matter, or life will go on as normal i.e. STH gives ST to trusted friends to pass on to trusted friends. Or the seat stays empty. Club's call really :shrug:

Which they already do - when they have sold all of the tickets they get the most value from. Why would they do anything else?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Come off it. The club are engaging like adults. They have 200 tickets for sale. If they use the ticket exchange tickets, they have to pay out £20 and £25 vouchers to the STH. Now which tickets are going to make a profit?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA

That may be true, but most of the tickets outstanding now are wheelchair access seats and so limited in availability. After that the club have just released 25 or so seats in a bunch together in the South east corner. Other than that there only a very few single seats anywhere. So, while the club continue to release the odd few seats (no doubt held back from players/sponsors etc..) the ticket exchange remains off. This game effectively sold out about a week ago and the ticket exchange should have kicked in there and then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That may be true, but most of the tickets outstanding now are wheelchair access seats and so limited in availability. After that the club have just released 25 or so seats in a bunch together in the South east corner. Other than that there only a very few single seats anywhere. So, while the club continue to release the odd few seats (no doubt held back from players/sponsors etc..) the ticket exchange remains off. This game effectively sold out about a week ago and the ticket exchange should have kicked in there and then.

No, the ticket exchange kicks in when all the tickets have been sold. I know because we got vouchers for the Bristol City game in April. The ticket exchange is clunky, and we could do a lot better, but the game is not a sell out yet.
I'm sure in the next 9 days it will be.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Come off it. The club are engaging like adults. They have 200 tickets for sale. If they use the ticket exchange tickets, they have to pay out £20 and £25 vouchers to the STH. Now which tickets are going to make a profit?

I'd imagine something more like a £5 voucher to the STH, or whatever amount makes it better than nothing to the STH and doesn't leave the club out of pocket. And the Man City match is hardly a representative template for the season as a whole.

Here's a hypothetical question for you: say I was going to go to, oh, let's say, Oz in September and would miss the dull but worthy home fixtures v West Brom and Newcastle that doubtless won't sell out. What should I do? Just take my ST with me and leave the seat empty for those two matches, leave my ST with a trusted friend to give to a trusted friend, or surrender those games in exchange for some miniscule credit voucher from the club? THAT's the representative kind of issue that will affect most STH most of the season, I'd suggest. Not the 'glamour' games, but the bread and butter games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder how much involvement TB has/wants in the day-to-day running of the admin side of the club. For sure, he will approved the club's overarching strategy on touting - one of zero tolerance. Will he, though, have approved every single piece of execution by PB in implementing the strategy - such as this latest club statement? Personally, based on no more than an assumption that there's little point appointing a £500k+ pa CEO if you want to personally approve every bit of detail, I doubt it.

Whether TB is actively involved in these clampdowns or not, I'm sure he'd whole heartedly back this.

Mining and illegal trading, can deprive supporters who want to attend but might narrowly miss out as tickets are sold down the various categories of membership/points accrued.

Well done to the club for raising this issue and let's hope that they really do enforce this now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If someone is foolish enough to publically sell tickets via FaceBook or Twitter from an account with photos of them or clues about who they are then it is not too tricky for the club to 'catch' them.

Deserve all they get.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd imagine something more like a £5 voucher to the STH, or whatever amount makes it better than nothing to the STH and doesn't leave the club out of pocket. And the Man City match is hardly a representative template for the season as a whole.

Here's a hypothetical question for you: say I was going to go to, oh, let's say, Oz in September and would miss the dull but worthy home fixtures v West Brom and Newcastle that doubtless won't sell out. What should I do? Just take my ST with me and leave the seat empty for those two matches, leave my ST with a trusted friend to give to a trusted friend, or surrender those games in exchange for some miniscule credit voucher from the club? THAT's the representative kind of issue that will affect most STH most of the season, I'd suggest. Not the 'glamour' games, but the bread and butter games.

My voucher was £20 as a concession and my husband's was £25.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Wow... there are some beauties in there...

"Cancellation & Withdrawal of Season Ticket

7.1 Without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, the Club shall have the right in the case of any serious or persistent breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry to cancel and withdraw your Season Ticket. In the event of such cancellation no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the Season Ticket. Without prejudice to the general nature of the above the following actions shall constitute serious breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry:
7.1.1 smoking in designated non-smoking areas;
7.1.2 being (or appearing to be) intoxicated;"

Good god surprised there aren't many NSCers getting worried by 7.1.2!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here