Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Premier League Sticker Albums

2 Not allowed!
    Back in the day it was a must, every season. It would start with Shoot having an edition with the album, and a few stickers to get started with, then we were off. The school playground full of "got got got got got NEEED!"

On here a few of us still play this out when major tournaments come round, but now we are back in the main pages of these sticker albums who is up for a Premier League sticker collection? I know I am. But, what is the drill with the Premier League? Do the sticker albums not come out until September, or do we have albums full of players at the wrong clubs because they been produced for the start of the season, and therefore before the window shuts?

Also, is it still Panini, or has this young upstart Merlin, got the EPL gig?

I'm a grown up, I support a team who has not featured in these pages for years, so I literally haven't done a seasonal album since we were relegated in 1983 - actually I may have done 1984 expecting us to bounce straight back up. But there must be people out their who have kids that have slipped through the net, supported a Premier league team all along and as such have done these albums. To those people, give me a steer. When do the albums come out, who produces them (please be Panini), and are they any good.

So who is in with me?
    "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      As a father of 2 Albion mad boys this info is very much required, I obviously will get no joy out of buying the stickers....
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Back in the day it was a must, every season. It would start with Shoot having an edition with the album, and a few stickers to get started with, then we were off. The school playground full of "got got got got got NEEED!"

On here a few of us still play this out when major tournaments come round, but now we are back in the main pages of these sticker albums who is up for a Premier League sticker collection? I know I am. But, what is the drill with the Premier League? Do the sticker albums not come out until September, or do we have albums full of players at the wrong clubs because they been produced for the start of the season, and therefore before the window shuts?

Also, is it still Panini, or has this young upstart Merlin, got the EPL gig?

I'm a grown up, I support a team who has not featured in these pages for years, so I literally haven't done a seasonal album since we were relegated in 1983 - actually I may have done 1984 expecting us to bounce straight back up. But there must be people out their who have kids that have slipped through the net, supported a Premier league team all along and as such have done these albums. To those people, give me a steer. When do the albums come out, who produces them (please be Panini), and are they any good.

So who is in with me?
      Topps (Merlin) do the sticker albums... and they come out at the end of the month I believe. I think the photos are already taken, so our squad will be what we've got... and late additions won't make the cut.

Panini seem to only do major tournaments nowadays.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog

0 Not allowed!
      Aren't there cards as well as stickers? As above, any info very welcome

0 Not allowed!
      Yeah, I think the Panini days of 'Football *' are long gone sadly.

Where * was whatever the year was.
      'Cause I know that you know that we know they don't know what's going on.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lizard View Post
      Aren't there cards as well as stickers? As above, any info very welcome
      Easy tiger, one step at a time. I'm still dealing with it moving on from Panini to Topps, I have to at least maintain it being a "sticker album".
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Carrot Cruncher View Post
      Yeah, I think the Panini days of 'Football *' are long gone sadly.

Where * was whatever the year was.
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      Easy tiger, one step at a time. I'm still dealing with it moving on from Panini to Topps, I have to at least maintain it being a "sticker album".
      Topps seem to have the whole market now.. they produce the sticker albums AND the Match Attax trading cards.

Members

5 Not allowed!
      My Son at 13 will have no interest in a sticker album. But sod that I am doing one. I reckon the last time I did an Album might have even been 83 or around then.
      I'm Bored!!!!!! Entertain me
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tinx View Post
      My Son at 13 will have no interest in a sticker album. But sod that I am doing one. I reckon the last time I did an Album might have even been 83 or around then.
      The last league one I did was 81/2 - still got it at home

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tinx View Post
      And that's how you BUILD their interest. Since my son was born, I've gone back to the Panini albums for the Euros and World Cups, all done for him you understand. Showing him how exciting it is, the anticipation, the thrill of getting that player you wanted, or completing a team, and of course the precious shinies.

As the years have gone by, he's demonstrated no more than a passing interest, but I will not be put off, and I will once again enter the breach, show my little lad the way, and eventually he will see the way, and thank me for the journey I've taken him on.

It's ALL for the kids.