Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevan Jovetic

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It would seem looking for a 'what might have been moment' from our summer rumours is proving harder than expected.

After a couple of weeks thinking Babacar was the one, this Jovetic thread popped up while searching something else.
I got momentarily excited that SJ was the man but sadly though his season seems to be heading the same way as all the others.

A late sub appearance, 5th of the season netting 1 goal, while playing for France's first losers.
Babacar - Another sub appearance, managed to get booked.
Raphael D - Played 70 mins (3rd game in a week) no goals.
Andone & Janssen 'play' tomorrow.

There must be someone out there, from all the names we went through this summer, who's doing more than unremarkably playing either the first 70 or last 20 minutes?

This guy got a mention and he is on frigging FIRE:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/cedric-bakambu/profil/spieler/127048

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would seem looking for a 'what might have been moment' from our summer rumours is proving harder than expected.

After a couple of weeks thinking Babacar was the one, this Jovetic thread popped up while searching something else.
I got momentarily excited that SJ was the man but sadly though his season seems to be heading the same way as all the others.

A late sub appearance, 5th of the season netting 1 goal, while playing for France's first losers.

There must be someone out there, from all the names we went through this summer, who's doing more than unremarkably playing either the first 70 or last 20 minutes?

Are we just good at dodging bullets?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we just good at dodging bullets?
I guess you can see it many ways, they're all shite or they all could have been excellent in this team, under CH.
We'll probably never know.

For me I'm just interested in how a bunch of footballers I'd never heard of, are getting on.

Although it would be great if most of them were smashing in goals left right and centre.
That would certainly validate the transfer policy, esp as none of the actual buys have come up short. :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In the interests of completism:-

Andone - unused Sub in a 1-3 victory.
Janssen - Late booking in a 3-3, but did play a full 90 minutes!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming. You might even want to set up a separate thread for this.

Yes that would be good.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry chaps I've thought of a new thread to :bounce: at the end of the week, unless one of the other 4 comes up trumps with a 5 minute hat-trick or something.

(Having already looked this fella is following a similar pattern to the others)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here