Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevan Jovetic

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am prepared to accept him as our star signing if that helps?

You're easily pleased.

23 posts in &:-

- No Youtube highlights.
- No career profile.
- No provocative WAG photo.

It's a no from me.

If we can't get our shite together, what right have we got complaining about the club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And if we don't? £80k a week on the books in The Championship?

Club has a strict salary cap, can't see that being changed, therefore need to be realistic.

Has it? I really liked to know how people know this information.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
To play devil's advocate rather than suggesting this would become a reality.

80k a week is 4 million a year. The TV money will bring in 93 million additional next year alone. It is affordable (yep, spending other peoples money is easy), whether it is a good idea based on the wages of the other members of the squad, harmony etc is another question.

I'd go with the 1/10 likelihood. We tend to look for players who are undervalued.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Obviously this won't happen, but the wages would indeed seem a lot more reasonable if we stay up. And the other squad members might be a lot more willing to accept one player breaking the wage structure if they thought he would help them remain Premier League players.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sooner or later Brighton will sign a player of this ilk and spend 10s of millions in the process ,it really shouldn't be a shock to fans , it's just how things are nowadays and not taking a gamble on a available class player or two may turn out to be the difference between us being a top flight club for seasons to come , top players command top wages and it's a balance Bloom must now take probably one of his biggest ever punts , we know absolutely nothing regarding who we are in for but when the dust settles after the window has shut i would imagine we were in for at least one of these types of player if indeed we fail to sign one , we the fans seem to have a small club mentality that i suppose has been the truth for long periods of time in our history , that time is up , we're premier league so must our players be .

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Norfolk in chance.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To play devil's advocate rather than suggesting this would become a reality.

80k a week is 4 million a year. The TV money will bring in 93 million additional next year alone. It is affordable (yep, spending other peoples money is easy), whether it is a good idea based on the wages of the other members of the squad, harmony etc is another question.

I'd go with the 1/10 likelihood. We tend to look for players who are undervalued.
Although we need some quality I'd be very disappointed if we paid anyone 80k a week.

I'm sorry but that is just stupidity....

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You're easily pleased.

23 posts in &:-

- No Youtube highlights.
- No career profile.
- No provocative WAG photo.

It's a no from me.

If we can't get our shite together, what right have we got complaining about the club.

Pics of wife for [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] official approval

IMG_0837.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here